Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
Radio Times said:
Top Gear

Sunday 24 July
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

5/6, series 17

Simon Cowell returns to the track in an attempt to win back the title of fastest Star in a Reasonably Priced Car, having been beaten into third place by Ellen McArthur and Jimmy Carr. Jeremy Clarkson tries out a new F1-style Lotus, then joins James May for a trip to the seaside in a pair of electric cars, the Nissan Leaf and the Peugeot iOn. Richard Hammond meets a rally team made up entirely of ex-military amputees.
http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jspww

Ellen McArthur? Jimmy Carr? Someone at the RT isn't doing their research! :lol:

haha they are a bit behind on the star laps. otherwise sounds like yet another fantastic episode full of different themed films. i wonder what this 'F1' styled lotus is. could it be the 2-Eleven?

Seems some of the ex-military amputees may have been in the audience last night.

that lotus looks good but i just can't see the point of putting one on the TG track. it will go round in under a minute and then be taken off the lap times.

The point is to show an interesting car and what it's capable of? I know it's hard to remember this now, but TG is a show about cars after all.

It would have to be the 2-Eleven.

I think it is far more likely to be this. Jason Barlow drove it for a recent edition of TG mag. Would have made sense to stick Jeremy in one as well.

RadioTimes said:
Top Gear

Sunday 24 July
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

5/6, series 17

Jeremy Clarkson tries out the new Lotus T125, which brings F1-style performance to the track, and an updated version of the classic Jensen Interceptor. Singer Bob Geldof gets behind the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car, and for this week's challenge, the trio employ all manner of second-hand military equipment to knock down a row of derelict houses, aiming to complete the job in less time than a team of demolition experts.

No Cowell. No E-Cars. Sounds a bit boring to me.

Aw, did Cowell bail after seeing how quickly Rowan blitzed the track?

Aw, did Cowell bail after seeing how quickly Rowan blitzed the track?

Or is it a scheduling conflict? (I know; you're having fun. ;))

Or is it a scheduling conflict? (I know; you're having fun. ;))

Judging by the fact that he is now coming back for the sixth show, it must be a scheduling conflict with the extra tutoring and practice he just happened to set up for this and next week. :D

Only two films...? Can the demo thing really last 40 minutes? I wonder if they'll do something like the Range Rover Greenhouse or V8 blender to kill some time.

Does this mean I have to wait another week for the e-cars? Bum. I'm looking forward to that, because I drove a Leaf last week so I'm particularly looking forward to how their view of it compares with mine. But on the other hand, I love Jensens, so that's something I shall probably enjoy, and I suppose it's about time for another 'cocking about with the military' film. Sounds like they're saving slightly stronger material for episode 6, and who can blame them?

Must be a late change, because that's not what it says in RT magazine. Anyone been to the filming this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.