[17x05] July 24th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are over weight NOT because they over eat but because they have an underlying medical problem and you have picked on someone who falls into this category. I work with people who have disabilities of one form or another and I know how it affects them when people comment upon it. A person can be so traumatised by an unfair comment that they are loath to face the world and this is what you have done.

I am writing this on my sister's account as I am apparently not allowed to have an account as I have been accused of setting up a duplicate account.

John Churchill

Since I haven't named or described anyone neither you nor I can categorically confirm nor deny we are talking about a particular individual.

If you read my posts carefully you will note that I did state that not all obese people are so because of overindulgence. That does not, however, alter the facts that as a nation we are overeating and therefore overweight, that this situation has the potential for severe future ramifications and yet if we have the temerity to point this out in general or to one particular individual we are being insensitive, rude and any number of other unpleasant adjectives. I happen to be a smoker, and have had many unsuccessful attempts at quitting, and I have also had treatment in the past because of alcohol misuse. In both cases there is hard evidence that certain people are genetically more likely to get addicted to nicotine or alcohol yet while society still deems it perfectly acceptable to vilify me for either, call someone a "salad dodger" and the whole fricking world is suddenly up in arms

You may judge me as an arsehole because of what I am expressing here. That is your right and your privilege, just as the same right and privilege apply to me.

Just remember this little bit of my life experience. Many years ago I went to the British Grand Prix. We parked at about 7.30am and by 8 were within the circuit confines. At some point during the next half hour, so roughly breakfast time, we were passed by a girl of roughly 15 who was already at that stage of life dangerously overweight, who was simultaneously tucking into a double ice cream cone with two chocolate flakes and raspberry syrup as she announced to her friend in best Estuary English "It's not my fault I'm fat, my Doctor says it's genetic!"

Last edited:
1) I am not an idiot

Jury's still out on that one.

2) He registred it under the family email as for ip addy it cant be helped if we are on the same pc in the same house

And two accounts that use the same e-mail and IP address for registration are considered multiple accounts here. That's a bannable offense, and it's laid out clearly by the mods.

3) Do you need birth certificates to prove id ?

In my country, to get a passport, a driver's license, or a job, yes.

4) If i am not allowed to defend a person or myself as my reply post never was let through moderation I can only assume you condone prejudice, as I explained on that I was dyslexic hence the grammartical errors.

Well, boo hoo. Claiming dyslexia for inability to communicate is sooooo 2005. Don't you know that Assburger's is the fashionable excuse these days?

As for me condoning prejudice, yeah, but only against three categories of people, and you fit two of them.

Do you have anything to contribute about the episode that's about to broadcast? That's what this thread's supposed to be about, and you derailed it quite nicely.

Must spread more harsh truths before yadda yadda

1) I am not an idiot
2) He registred it under the family email as for ip addy it cant be helped if we are on the same pc in the same house
3) Do you need birth certificates to prove id ?
4) If i am not allowed to defend a person or myself as my reply post never was let through moderation I can only assume you condone prejudice, as I explained on that I was dyslexic hence the grammartical errors.
The excuse of "family" using the same computer is never acceptable.
Both accounts have the same shitty grammar and spelling.
Both accounts are now banned. Go find another forum to troll.

Reactions: MWF
Both accounts have the same shitty grammar and spelling.

Presumably the excuse of fat, stubby fingers is never acceptable either? :D

Although they are from the West Country where cohabiting with one's sister apparently still is. :whistle:

Last edited:
Although they are from the West Country where cohabiting with one's sister apparently still is. :whistle:

I thought that was around Norfolk, and that the West Country people had an intense interest in "animal husbandry", something they picked up from excessive proximity to the Welsh.

Reactions: MWF
Nope, but tourette's is... you boldyfudgepacker! :p

I'd forgotten Angry Kid. Brilliant!

Best. Pre-episode Thread. Evar!

Status
Not open for further replies.