[17x05] July 24th, 2011

[17x05] July 24th, 2011

• Total voters
Win MWF. No really. :lol: I was like; hmm...that looks like MWF...duuuuudddeee... :p Can MWF please get a title of 'Its a Galant' now?

:(

I like mine how it is.

Although if you want to honour the event with a change of title "For Galantry" would perhaps be better. Meh.

When it comes to titles we are all Canutes facing the unrelenting tide of Quiky.

Bob Geldof definitely was the most unappealing guest they ever had. Someone should have gotten him off the valium before the show, too.

I loved the whole Jensen Interceptor bit. Liked the news section. Who was that jerk with the loser L? :p Seriously, I was laughing hard but didn't realize until I read this thread, who it was ;) You're now getting famous on the internet, man.

The Lotus bit didn't interest me, although it is always nice to see, how a normally skilled driver makes a clot out of himself in an F1 car.

Demolition challenge... well, guess I have to watch that again for my final opinion but all in all this was a 7-pointer episode for me.

I liked the Jensen and Lotus parts, but the rest of it was just so so, so I gave it a 7. The Jensen looks like an uglier version of the Studebaker Avanti.

Or, if you want, a copy of the Brasinca 4200GT, which was known as the Uirapuru earlier durin' its development. Obviously, I can't definetly say that it is a copy of the 4200GT, but given the fact that it was released in 1964, and the Interceptor in 1966, and you'll get a decent urban legend.

dsc06452.jpg

12355866378219699860.jpg

One of the worst episodes ever. Didn't care for another "we take an old shitty car nobody cares about, put new engine and price it at half a million" bit. Even with retro clip.

Didn't care for stupid fucking demolition crap. Fucking thing dragged on forever.

Although if you want to honour the event with a change of title "For Galantry" would perhaps be better. Meh.

why did hammond call you a cretin when you said it's a gallant? i've seen james before being very arrogant, what's up with hammond? are they all so full of themselves? :mad:

why did hammond call you a cretin when you said it's a gallant? i've seen james before being very arrogant, what's up with hammond? are they all so full of themselves? :mad:

He didn't. Richard's remark "What a cretin you are" is clearly directed at Jeremy, not MWF.

Hello everyone. I signed up just to ask this question, because if anyone knows the answer it will be you fine folks.

Where can I find a pair of driving gloves like the ones Jeremy was wearing in this episode?? I would love to get my husband a pair for our anniversary.

Thanks!

The episode just aired on BBC Canada - bummer that MWF's big moment got chopped out. As for the ending, they did the cut off, then Jeremy did a quick voice over "They did cut us off!", then the credits rolled. I'm guessing that'll probably be on the DVD release.

The more times I watch this episode, the more I want those shades Jezza chucks on before doing "The Interceptors."

Ready for something anal? In the Interceptor review, when they cut to the Interceptor Jet Fighter footage, the backing audio of the plane flying was taken from Top Gun. Watch the opening scene of the movie, when Cougar and Maverick are up on patrol. After the Captain asks, "Are we supposed to have visitors today?" and the guy says "Negative, sir.", they cut to the supposed Mig-28 making a maneuver and then go back to the pair of F-14s. That engine noise is what they inserted into the Interceptor review. I can't believe they can get away with that. I wish the whole world had the BBC's usage rights rules.

Last edited: