Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I thought Vicky was spelled with a "y"...apparently not.
the Land Rover won the tug because it is significantly heavier;just like a locomotive, pulling power depends on weight.
inflatable Brian
I'm sure you've pulled blokes quicker

A considerably better episode!

Nice SLS, Nice Lotus, and Nice Vicky in her feminine car shopping suit... gosh how does she kick the Lotus to topwhack in those killer heels?

The best one in this series so far

Nothing special. Episodes need to be longer etc.

I actually enjoyed the off-roaders segment a lot more than I expected.

More of the same quality this season from Fifth Gear :thumbup:

Not bad. I do agree that Fifth Gear should return to a 60 minute format, using the formula they have now. Nonetheless, I found today's episode quite enjoyable. I liked the 4x4 segment and the SLS. This episode's probably the best of the series so far.

I think the 30 mins format is fine. They don't have the budget to produce a 60 mins show while keeping this level of quality. This ep is pretty good. The SLS and 599GTO reviews are good. And what is Lotus thinking by putting in a smaller engine in the Elise? If Toyota stops making the 2ZZ, they should put the 2AZ-FE in there. It should fit.

I think the 30 mins format is fine. They don't have the budget to produce a 60 mins show while keeping this level of quality.

Yes, but it`s 30 mins including commercials. 30 mins of show + commercial time would be perfect. Another good episode.

Good ep with good cars. Nothing too special, but nothing bad neither. The Ferrari bit disappointed a little, because with a car like that, I expected it to be at least a little spectacular.
One thing bugged me: The overuse of the dash-mounted camera pointed at the driver in Tiff's segment. That way, you see nothing of the car, and you see nothing of the road and therefore of the speed the car does.

Lotus, the car known for its handling and she goes measuring top speed ? really ?
And how much do you have to add to the base price of the boxter to get some "essentials"(because it is freakin relative, Lotus is not really an everyday comfy car) ?
4x4 tests...IMO very bad and pointless tests, the only info I got was from them debating the engine and the cars which again somehow did not convince me at all because I have driven and been driven in the Toyota and I loved it despite the loud engine.
Tiff' "review was too hasty". It is just stupid that they try to make almost every review a game or a silly test which in the end proves nothing.
And I wish they would stop giving away so much stuff, It just seems weird and desperate.

Last edited:
Each episode continues to get better. I didn't feel they were as "rushed" this time, so perhaps they are becoming more comfortable with the 30 minute time slot.

The Good:

Tiff and the SLS. Could have been longer but obviously they didn't have proper access to the vehicle.
Vicki's Lotus review. Nicely done and no squeals.

The Bad:

Coked up Plato.
UK Land Cruiser (aka Prado ie 4WD for girls) isn't the proper one. LC200 series with the V8 twin turbo diesel would cream a Disco in a heartbeat. Land Rover electronics are clever but how long will they last? Judging by used prices of 'Cruisers versus Discos in Australia, not very long.

The Neither Good Nor Bad:

599GTO.

Still feels a bit rushed - and makes Top Gear feel movie length these days - but if anything FG is consistently watchable this series. 7/10.