Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Stay on topic please.

It only took 5 minutes to download! Cheerin'.

I'm really liking this season so far. I think they've finally found a good format that works. It's a shame the episodes are so short because all of the segments seem to whiz by quite quickly but other than that it's really hard to fault it. Overall it's way better than it was a few seasons ago.

I do wish they could drop the competitions because going over the prizes and asking the questions and giving the phone number and the terms and conditions just seems to eat up so much time. I assume the competitions make them some money and help to keep them on the air... I guess I just wish they could trim it down somehow and go over it more briefly.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Gordon Murry T25 next week. Hopefully that's a good comprehensive review because I do want to find out things about that car and stuff.

It was OK, liked the Tiff & Johnny bit, the rest was so so. The show seems too formulaic, same bits, with different cars each week. They need to mix it up a bit, maybe more cast interaction. I'm giving it a 6, worth watching, but kind of boring.

Obligatory episodes are too short comment.

Good episode. The VW v. Peugeot was a good "economy car" shootout. Tiff and Johnny were entertaining, and the Camaro bit was good for the amount of time Jason had. Vicki's part didn't seem like it added anything. It was way too short and it seemed like very little information was given. It was very forgettable.

I gave it an 8 out of 10 but after thinking about it more it probably should have gotten a 7. Oh well.

Not bad. The shoot out was good to watch and I liked the Camaro review. The Tiff and Johnny bit was very entertaining as well. I agree in that Vicki's bit on the CRZ felt a bit short and didn't really provide me with much information.

I gave it a 7.5/10 which rounds up to an 8

The only good part for me was the Camaro review and the scene, where Jason pulled up in the horse&cart. That had me in stitches. :rofl:

Another very solid 5th Gear. This series has been very good, the only fault has been the episodes are a little too short.

and the scene, where Jason pulled up in the horse&cart. That had me in stitches. :rofl:

Haha yes, but whole episode was quite good. Eps are still too short.

i disliked this episode

it seemed like Jason never drove an american muscle car before... the car race with tiff and johnny wasn't as detailed... the Honda hybrid segment was useless... they could focus a bit more on daily usability not just oh how fast a slow economy car is around a track

This one did feel more rushed than the last one, but it also had a "filler element" (the hill climb).

I'm just afraid that if they go back to an hour time slot, they will add more of the "cocking about" that they just don't do nearly as well as Top Gear and which turned me off on the series when I last watched it (which I believe was Series 14 or 15). With a half-hour, they seem to stay more focused on being an informative car show with some entertaining bits, as opposed to Top Gear, which has become an entertainment car show with some informative bits.

The only good part for me was the Camaro review and the scene, where Jason pulled up in the horse&cart. That had me in stitches. :rofl:

I was a bit confused by that part. I thought it was going to be a solid axle rant, but instead they talked about leaf springs, which haven't been used on any American muscle car in quite a long time. I also thought it was funny that he attributed independent suspension as some sort of European innovation. He obviously doesn't understand what makes a muscle car a muscle car. He was looking for a sports car with a giant motor. That's the Corvette's job, which has been using 4 wheel independent suspension since 1963.

But anyway, it was a solid episode. I give it a 7/10.

I thought it was going to be a solid axle rant, but instead they talked about leaf springs, which haven't been used on any American muscle car in quite a long time.

I may not be an expert on American muscle cars, but I believe the Corvette still uses leaf springs until today - obviously more advanced ones than your good old oxen cart type, but still leaf springs.

Leaf springs in a Corvette are used in a completely different manner than a traditional use for leaf springs - it is used in place of an anti roll bar. Reading about the benefits of this set-up, I believe their use is a stroke of genius!

One can read all about Corvette suspensions and the use of leaf springs
here

Cheers.

Even our boat trailer doesn't use leaf springs.

The Good:

I actually thought Vicki's review of the CRZ was pretty decent, though yeah, could have had more detail. Particularly on the Hybrid drive side of things.

The Bad:

Everything else basically. Tiff and Johnny were both wasted in the hill climb, which was just kinda pointless. Jason's still trying to be Clarkson, though with the horse/buggy analogy he was going about it the right way.

Fifth Gear has never really ever been amazing - unlike Top Gear, which this week once again proved it can give you a hard on and make you weep in the same hour - but this series it has at least been consistent and consistently enjoyable. This ep kinda dented that run unfortunately. Thirty minutes is not enough, especially if you're gonna waste some of them flogging a competition.

Still no ZR1 this series... It already was on Top Gear twice.