18 year old senior in high school...Want to drive in Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frannyman

Hey I'm 18 year old male and I was thinking about becoming a professional race car driver...I don't have a lot of funds and I have no experience with auto mechanics besides the basics...but I'm determined and have a lot of time with no commitments to anything. Where do I start, should I go to a driving school?

Jesus Henry fucking Christ there's a whole bloody herd of them on here these days.

*sigh*
I'll get the pitchforks.....

Assuming you're serious and not an idiot, then you need to pick a more realistic goal. Start out doing karting or Chump Car and go from there.

To be frank though, all of the guys in NASCAR have been driving since they were probably 2. You can certainly start racing on the weekend but good luck going professional.

Hi, I'm 18 and a male, and I wanna be a commercial pilot. Should I learn to fly?
Hi, I'm 18 and a male, and I wanna be a surfer pro. Should I learn to swim?
Hi, I'm 18 and a male, and I wanna shag supermodels. Should I talk to girls?

Oh, and I have no money.

Hi, I'm 18 and a male, and I wanna be a commercial pilot. Should I learn to fly?
Hi, I'm 18 and a male, and I wanna be a surfer pro. Should I learn to swim?
Hi, I'm 18 and a male, and I wanna shag supermodels. Should I talk to girls?

Oh, and I have no money.

Pretty much. :lol:

1. Find a corner that turns left (protip: if you can't find any corners in the US, you might want to try going to foreign countries)
2. Drive on the corner
3. Rinse and repeat
4. ???
5. Congratulations! You are a Nascar driver

Reactions: MWF
If one were to give a serious answer to silly question I guess the only realistic option is GT Academy.

http://www.nissanusa.com/gtacademyshow/

Except that all the GTA winners were already racers of various forms...

Just buy a kart and do dirt ovals. If you're good, things will happen (with some encouragement from you). If you're not, you'll have a lot of fun and spend lots of money. Enjoy.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's too late.

I just wanted to post in epic thread

It is possible.

Watch this documentary.

I bet you we have better driving roads in the US than you do in Finland :)

Depends on what you consider better driving.
Little Finland, barely 5 million people has produced drivers which have won more rounds of the World rally Championship than any other country..Since the beginning of the WRC Finnish drivers have won around 50% of all events...

I'm going to bet that nearly all those guys learned to drive on normal Finnish roads....and everybody knows that rally drivers are the best drivers in the world.
They have to be to drive that fast in the variety of conditions from super smooth asphalt thats wide as in Spain to incredibly narrow asphalt in France or Cosre or Italy to snow to ice to high speed gravel and day night sun or rain.
Finnish F1 hero Mika Hakkinen comes into rally and crashed in nearly every event he did---but at least he had far far better speed and Special Stage results than any other track based driver who dared dip their toe into rally at almost any level---even local club type events...How after so many F1, WTCC, Endurance or whatever come and try rally and do nothing?
Where's he from? What roads --and culture of driving---did he learn on?
Finnish.

And no there are not better roads for driving where you are.

As to the poor boy asking here's the best advice.

Go back and pick your parents very carefully.

Depends on what you consider better driving.
Little Finland, barely 5 million people has produced drivers which have won more rounds of the World rally Championship than any other country..Since the beginning of the WRC Finnish drivers have won around 50% of all events...

Your logic is flawed. It's as if I said America had the best athletes in the world because the best players in the NFL and NBA are American. Rally is more popular in Europe, and especially Finland, than the US so of course more Finns are going to drive in rally racing than Americans. Do Finns suck at going in circles because they don't win NASCAR? (As dumb as going in circles is)

You're doing a really bad job at trying to be a troll. There are great driving roads in all modern countries, including the USA.

this thread is a waste of internet bandwith

That it is. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.