Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Off the Radio Times website, sent in by a helpful visitor via the contact form:

1/7. New series. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May put three supercars through their paces in Italy. Their weapons of choice are the 691bhp Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren's hi-tech MP4-12C, and a British brute in the form of the Noble M600. The journey begins at Nardo, a high-speed testing ground so vast it can be seen from space, and includes a nerve-wracking drive in Rome before reaching its conclusion with a timed challenge against the Stig at the Imola circuit. The trio also look forward to some of the 2012's most exciting cars and are joined by a celebrity guest who takes the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car.

Sounds like a good start to the series.

That does sound pretty nice. A solid season opener :) Hopefully :)

SIARPC should be in the relevant print edition of the RT which will be on my doorstep next Tuesday morning. I think sometimes even TG doesn't know until a bit nearer the time.

Going in with low expectations and then being pleasantly surprised is how I'll aprroach this series.

Thoughts on who's driving which of the cars?

Jezza must go with Aventador. May may appreciate the sensibleness of MP4-12C, but. Hammond may like Noble.

I think you are correct if I remember rightly. I have the TG mag with the preview in it and it shows you who's driving what. Hammond is defo in the Noble, but I cant remember who went for the Lambo, I have a feeling its Jeremy since May has already driven the Aventador for a TG mag feature.

...that and Jeremy has already driven the MP4-12C "fax machine" in the last series and found it too "clinical". So I would imagine that he and James swapped rides for the run through Italy

Looks solid. Limited room for cringe humour at least. Hope the SIARPC is watchable as well!

I think you are correct if I remember rightly. I have the TG mag with the preview in it and it shows you who's driving what. Hammond is defo in the Noble, but I cant remember who went for the Lambo, I have a feeling its Jeremy since May has already driven the Aventador for a TG mag feature.

That's my guess as well. :)

Sounds promising. I'm guessing there'll be scope for silliness driving round Rome - but of the "good" sort not the "blowing up" sort. Hoping for some epic scenery, epic cars, and a good dose of humour. My ideal segment is still the "Best driving road in Europe" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.