[18x01] January 29th, 2012

Hey guys, I had to register just so I could share with you the fruits of awesome detective work. This one very familiar tune got stuck in my head and I was compelled to find out what song it was.

51:30 - 51:47 Matt Monro - The Music Played

12:53 - 14:11: I'm not sure if that's the right piece actually, despite possibly erroneously suggesting it was on the previous page. I haven't seen the movie in awhile, but I think it might be the music from the scene in 2001 where the first monolith on space is discovered.

Gy?rgy Ligeti - Jupiter and Beyond fits the speed run way to perfectly!:happy:

There seems to be a consistent mistake here, in regards to 56:48 - 57:38. This is not either C.L.U by Daft Punk, or Guld Of Aden by Brian Tyler.

It is a track called Black Blade, composed by Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergensen, who go together by the name of Two Steps From Hell.

Top Gear uses the music from these guys, and specifically their album Invinsible quite regularly.

The track can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SenbXX0Lkb4

@tardisbound Your findings are explained at the bottom of the first post in this thread;

This listing contains music from the original BBC broadcast version,
all other versions (Dave, Youtube, TopGear.com, et al) have replaced music.
If you are looking for music from these alternate versions, most of it can be
found by going to: www.extrememusic.com.

Hey i youtubed "Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard - The Wheat" and have listened to all available songs ont here and none of them are the same as in the episode. It sounds similar but its different, can someone confirm it is in fact the wheat, or if its something else? thanks

song

song

Hey i youtubed "Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard - The Wheat" and have listened to all available songs ont here and none of them are the same as in the episode. It sounds similar but its different, can someone confirm it is in fact the wheat, or if its something else? thanks

Have you found this song yet?

The opening sequence to Italy

The opening sequence to Italy

Yes, i can confirm that is it NOT Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard - The Wheat, i have someone at Extreme Music working on this for me and wish to use this in my next production.

if anyone else can confirm the track before extreme get back to me, i would be grateful......When i know i will post the track along with the link.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

it is NOT Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard - The Wheat....heard many versions....Its Close but not right.......

At 27:05 after Jeremy says "meanwhile our day was just getting better and better" an epic song starts to play as they drive towards the sun and ends at 27:24 when it cuts back to Richard. Anyone have any idea what song this is? It sounds like its from Two Steps from Hell but they have a ton of songs and none that I've listened to are it. Help! I need this song!

have you found the song yet?

have you found the song yet?

Does anyone know the song that starts at 39:50, it's really short, about 10 seconds. Thanks!

ADDED:
Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard - The Wheat
Hans Zimmer - The Might of Rome
Tyler Bates - Only Two Names Remain
Tyler Bates - Prison Fight
The Dust Brothers - Stealing Fat
The Dust Brothers - Finding the Bomb
The Dust Brothers - Medulla Oblongata

Good job, but the first is not 'Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard - The Wheat', the pitch and the melody are different (although the style is similar, and the voice of the woman too). The same as in the second one. It's not 'Hans Zimmer - The Might of Rome', it is more modern instrumentation, with electric guitars (perhaps is composed only for Top Gear, I don't know). I am trying to find the first one of the Road trip Italy, but I haven't found yet. [I am watching the episode from Spain, perhaps is a new version of the episode]

Last edited: