[18x01] January 29th, 2012

[18x01] January 29th, 2012

• Total voters
Just as an aside, who would watch a TG spinoff based on the first trailer?

Gave it an 8
Yeah the "Drive Supercars through Italy" thing has been done, but still awesome

That lambo is made of sex

M600 LHD & M600 RHD.

Noticed that too,it was right even (Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive)
Didn't really follow the SIARPC bit, but that seemed pretty quick for an auto + in the wet (aside from the last corner)

See? It's not that hard.
Fantastic start to the new series. The formula is so simple:
- Great cars? Check.
- Great location? Check.
- Humour that doesn't seem scripted? Check.

The Italy film was brilliant - where it was funny, it didn't get in the way, it just seemed natural, and the race segment at the end got across how scary it must have been brilliantly.

Will.I.Am? I can take him or leave him TBH, don't like his music and his weird taste in outfits just makes me think he's a nobber, but actually he came across pretty well. And if he's truly set up a small car-building outfit in the ghetto to give some folks a job? Well kudos to that. (The blonde behind him had great cheekbones as an aside).

I voted a 9 - always room for improvement, but this is definitely along the right lines. Good work!

The fact that the site is down all the time says it all, doesn't it? Everyone's willing to post here :D.
This was a very, very good one. Probably the best one of the last three series.
They did what they were good at. Driving and cocking about. The was funny, SIARPC sucks balls. Stick to brits, they fit in better.
All three of 'em were in very good shape. Loved it, absolutely loved it. 9/10 :)

That, ladies and gentlemen, was Top Gear.

Mr Wilman, if you're peeping, more of that please :)

Excellent. Also, did anyone else think the tow truck bloke looked like Adolf from 'Adolfo's Clean Used Cars' in the first American special?

Also: William was hilarious. I'm afraid I was laughing at him, rather than with him though. Also, William: That's a DELOREAN.

Last edited:
Now THAT is how you make an episode of Top Gear!

Great cars, exciting action and genuine laughs. That is what Top Gear is supposed to be about.

I'll leave it at that for now, except to say; well done chaps, more of the same and all memory of the India 'special' will be erased forever.

Fantastic, enjoyed it greatly. :D

Very thankful to see a return to form after the utter mess that was the India Special.

Good to see TG back to form after the India shite.

8/10 Very Good

Minor Gripes

All three Supacars virtually same colour.

News...boring

W.i.l.a.m........dull

:stupid:

The Italy film was brilliant - where it was funny, it didn't get in the way, it just seemed natural, and the race segment at the end got across how scary it must have been brilliantly.
It's nice to see how everyone seems to look for the same thing in a 'proper' Top Gear Episode.
They shouldn't even bother trying anything new. It's just right as it is now.
I sure hope they read here, as it's quite obvious what the viewers want :D

(The blonde behind him had great cheekbones as an aside).
She was nice. It's the only reason I'd rather see a shot of Will.I.Am than of Clarkson :D

I voted a 9 - always room for improvement, but this is definitely along the right lines. Good work![/QUOTE]

Recorded, because I wanted to see the end of the Rolex race, which was brilliant.

Haven't been feeling excited for Top Gear since the Indian special and I was so ready to give this a poor rating again. But I can't, because I actually enjoyed it.

The whole road trip film was good. Several real laugh out loud moments and not too many forced moments either, so generally very good. The Imola section was very well shot, you could tell there was real emotion and fear involved in that. The walking around the cars talking was a bit cringey, and bad show not to mention Ratzenberger's death as well as Senna's, but otherwise, enjoyable.

SIARPC I skipped. No interest in a boring man with a stupid name and stupid glasses who does stupid things to perfectly acceptable cars. I so wish they'd stop this segment, it's boring. As I've said before, the only ones I'm interested in are the F1 guests. Otherwise...meh.

This was a nine. A damn good solid nine. I want more.

SIARPC: I'm not a huge Black Eyed Peas fan (the band. as a food product, it's lovely), but will.i.am was surprisingly not as boring and dull as I expected. (Full disclosure: the last time I saw him or any of his endeavours, the Dark-Spotted Legumes were playing at the Super Bowl halftime show.) As always, though, the SIARPC was the weakest spot, even though it's someone I've heard of for a change.

The news: It's the news. They're cocking about. Excellent.

Italy: This was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I'm going to go watch it again just to watch those cars go around Imola.

Overall: A nine, only because I generally save tens for really fantastic shows (usually the specials.) I've already forgotten about India.

That, ladies and gentlemen, was Top Gear.

Mr Wilman, if you're peeping, more of that please :)

I could not agree with a comment any more than I do with this one.

THIS captured the essence of Top Gear, was extremely entertaining, and I had legitimate laughs at things that were funny. (Jeremy riding a bicycle... :lol ) I really hope that the TG staffers who made this are happy with it, as I could watch this every week.

And I know I'm not an easy TG fan to please.... but PLEASE-MORE OF THIS!

10/10 from me. Rating it as an episode of Top Gear, not as something that followed the India special, it stands head and shoulders above some of the recent efforts even as itself. This was a fantastic episode, and I can say it's in there with my favourites.

?I am so tired of the Black Eyed Peas. It?s rock and roll for people who don?t like rock and roll; it?s rap for people who don?t like rap; it?s pop for people who don?t like pop.?

It felt a bit odd only having one 'feature' shall we say, but nevertheless it was bloody good. I echo the comments above that it was TG as we know and love it. :)

NIce episode. Really like the Noble and Hamster driving it - it is one of the most "bonkers" cars of them.