[18x02] February 5th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I bet you cover your food in salt, pepper and ketchup before you've tasted it too, huh?

I do that with my burgers, but I know what they're going to taste like beforehand, so I'm just cutting out the middleman. We have no idea what this episode is going to taste like. ahpadt says it'll taste like shit; most of the rest of us are looking at an order of General Tso's with a side order of beef ribs.

ahpadt is just FG's resident lightly miserable Norwayist and recipient of the most "oh quit moaning and go and watch Fifth Gear" comments in history. He has led the railing against dumbing down, falling down and blowing up for some time and garnered many disciples.

"Disciples" is a nice euphemism for "people who live in ahpadt's head".

Fortunately the rest of the world seems to be agreeing with him in increasing numbers judging by the widespread backlash against the utter train wreck that was the India Special.

For the sake of general sanity, I'd rather believe that India was an outlier than think that ahpadt is correct.

What could go wrong? They aren't going to deliberately cock up a NASCAR race, because a crash would cost too much even for BBC.
Korean cars, Communist cars - these both were great segments. Why wouldn't Chinese be great too?

First of all: New episodes content sounds great.
Second: Communist cars segment is one of my favourite segments of all times

And in which Episode was a segment about korean cars? Never seen, and never heard of it, and i thought i had seen everything?

What could go wrong? They aren't going to deliberately cock up a NASCAR race, because a crash would cost too much even for BBC.
Korean cars, Communist cars - these both were great segments. Why wouldn't Chinese be great too?

Good point.

Korean cars yes, communist cars, hell no.

I loved the Commie car segment. :)

Just judging by some of the previews of the chinese cars thing, it looked hilarious. Sounds like another great episode.

First of all: New episodes content sounds great.
Second: Communist cars segment is one of my favourite segments of all times

And in which Episode was a segment about korean cars? Never seen, and never heard of it, and i thought i had seen everything?

It comes from the days when TG was still a car show.

The Chinese car thing could go either way. Personally I would expect it to be semi-serious, partly because Hammond isn't there to do any not-acting, partly because when it's just May and Clarkson they manage to retain a certain sense of decorum and also because pissing off a global economic superpower that just a couple of decades ago was running its own people over with tanks when they disagreed is probably a really bad idea.

Yeah, 5x09. Cars from the Pacific Rim -- Korean + Malaysian.

I love Jeremy and James together. Can't wait.

i cant make a new thread but have this ep.3.

Jeremy and Richard take charge of shooting the climactic car chase in the new Sweeney film. James takes a look at the new Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring and the new Fiat Panda. Ryan Reynolds is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car this week.

http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episodes/1065140690

Oh dear - does that mean Captain Slow does yet another Ring Rant?

I think this sounds like it should be good - as someone above said, they can't cock up a Nascar race too much. Chinese Stig I can probably leave (but then I'd lose the stig altogether personally - but I get that he's a good branding tool for kids).
Looking forward to it :)

Can't wait to see it, personally. Looks to be quite the race. I'm surprised Jezza didn't go and do the NASCAR film though, he's one to adore a crazy overpowered, fucking awesome sounding V8, no traction in the back and a manual transmission, but I bet it has something to do with getting him into the car in the first place.

While I agree, this doesn't rule out a crash either. NASCAR is 50% crashes by volume anyways. Hamster is not going to pull that car back without at least one dent in it if he runs in an actual race, which it appears as though he will judging by the trailer.

Yeah, but Richard's the resident Secret American?. It'd be more suited to him, IMO.

Also I think that a crash would be psychologically incompatible with Hammond. I know I wouldn't want to crash a freaking lawnmower after what he went through.

I thinks its gonna be a good episode, the general outline of the episode seems solid , unless somehow they make the nascar segment full of planned ''mishaps'' , and the SIARPC similar to the first ep , i think its gonna be great , especially cuz they are gonna talk about cars made from wool and cheese :p

Hamster is not going to pull that car back without at least one dent in it if he runs in an actual race, which it appears as though he will judging by the trailer.

Hi, resident NASCAR fan. I don't remember Hamster running in either Texas race last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.