[18x03] February 12th, 2012

[18x03] February 12th, 2012

• Total voters
James May, great as always.
These Morgan jokes never get old :D Nice to see Toy-baru in the news! Overall I liked the news.
The first half of Sweeney film wasn't as boring as I expected. There were some laugh moments, was some silliness, but overall it was better than VW Ad segment.
SIARPC was quite good, the best one in this series.
The second part, however, is too staged and rubbish. One does not simply destroy a perfect Jaguar (actually they've got a bad history with that - Ind** Spe****) just for the lulz. Actually, it's worse than the Ad segment.

6. The news and Panda/Corsa segment was good, SIARPC wasn't bad, first half of Sweeney was lukewarm but the last bit was rubbish.

Last edited:
I wanted him to test the Hyundai.
A Corsa, you couldn't pay me enough to own one... Ricks ideal car.
24k for a Corsa? Lol
Noooooooooooooooooo fuck you James. Ugh what in the hell!!! I didn't think the Vauxhall could be beaten as the worst car of the series. It has been.
"Ah go on."
Convertible Evoque? The end of Land Rover.
Ugh Top Gear comedy?
That was Die Hard 4.0
Dicky don't ruin this...
That looks like a good film.
I can't watch it, Denzels a cunt.
Jezzas got a new man crush.
Hammonds hair looks awful.
For once Jeremy is the sensible one.
Hammond you fucking prick. Its not funny.
Who the deuce is Plan B?
Ok, I laughed at Jeremy's Borat script
Ugh FFS, this is not series 14.
Kick-Ass music!!!

Fucking tg comedy.

Last edited:
my least favorite episode of top gear ever. and that's saying a lot :/ may's bit at the start was nice, interview was (surprisingly) nice, and the sweeney bit was just total utter rubbish. i hope next episode's gonna be better

Clarkson + Hammond is a recipe for disaster when Hammond is acting like an idiot, because it means Clarkson has to act like an idiot as well. The only good bits in the car chase film were when Clarkson was at least pretending to take things seriously. Meh star, good news, good James clip. 5/10.

I haven't seen the episode but fucking Christ...You all were TOLD that to us, tonight's episode would suck...and then you're giving it hell when it does....At least Clarkson and Wilman warned you and TOLD you that you wouldn't want to watch. At this point, it's your fault if you did watch, not their fault for making an episode that appeals to mouthbreathers as opposed to petrolheads.

Yep. Staged as it may be, finally some recognition of the fact that Hammond in this kind of films is a complete and utter idiot.

They appeared much more self-aware, knowing they're being fools. Some earlier staged crap lacked this feel.

Far from the best TG ever, but also far from the worst :dunno: I'll give it a 5.

10/10 LoL i absolutely loved it ! :-D The best one on 18th season. Hammond's car jump and editing were awesome ! :)

They've had far worse cringe comedy. There were some geniunely funny bits.

And the rest of the episode was pretty great.

After all these years, top gear is really losing my interest. The top gear guys aren't actors, almost everything they do now seems so forced.

I haven't seen the episode but fucking Christ...You all were TOLD that to us, tonight's episode would suck...and then you're giving it hell when it does....At least Clarkson and Wilman warned you and TOLD you that you wouldn't want to watch. At this point, it's your fault if you did watch, not their fault for making an episode that appeals to mouthbreathers as opposed to petrolheads.

Welcome to Finalgear.com and enjoy your stay.

It wasn't horrible, I like the May movie, SIARPC, news, all good. The Sweeney was laughs for the masses, I can see why they do it.

7/10.

Well I guess we got our episodes with the first two. While I wasn't a huge fan of the episode, the budget was staggering.

I like May's bit and Renolds (he reminds of many people I knew growing up.)
As for the Last bit... Let's just forget about that.

6/10 for me.

Last edited:
What was Jeremy's car at the end? Hammond's was the 911 Sport Classic (I presume), but I failed to recognize Jeremy's. I thought it looked like the new Mondeo (or Fusion), but that's hardly possible. =/

Thought the SIARPC and news bit were fantastic, the rest though. =(

James bit was excellent with the obesity test Lmfao and the corsa looked like serious fun to drive.
My favourite parts of tg are usually Jeremy and Richard messing around but I felt this was there worst segment for a long time.