[18x03] February 12th, 2012

[18x03] February 12th, 2012

• Total voters
How come no one mentioned the news part in which Jezza had to explain who would he have shot, where and in front of whom?? :lol::lol::lol:

Quite a clip in the end though! :cool:

9/10

All I can say is that it's the best episode of Top Gear in a VERY long time. A really excellent 'sensible' car test from James, a more interesting than usual SIARPC and the Sweeney stunt section was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in many, many years, let alone Top Gear.

Of course much of the additional Sweeney 'stunt' work wouldn't be used in the film but it made me laugh so hard and so much I now have a sore chest as a consequence. Who cares if some of the confrontations were staged because the rest was so good it made any other concerns seem triflingly irrelevant by comparison.

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!

An easy 10/10.

Liked the James clip, bar the example of how hard the Corsa rides, while he drives it on what looked like a service road at a fair speed. However I may be biased in that I own a standard Corsa VXR
News was alright
SIARPC was surprisingly good, not a huge fan of that segment but kept my interest
Sweeney bit was good when they were trying to be serious.
Hammond really can't pull off the idiot act. Like at all.

My expectations were low so I was actually pleasantly surprised.

I wish James' Panda test was more like that for the last-gen Panda, out in the real world not on the track. I don't like the Corsa, it's ridiculously overpriced (although not as much as the DS3R or that Fiat 500 Ferrari tribute thing) and the Clio beats it hands down.

Don't you just hate Ryan Renolds, he makes me feel innadequate as a man in just about every way! In all seriousness though, he seems like a really nice guy and quite funny and down to earth too.

As for the Sweeney, go away Richard you buffoon. Jeremy took his realism thing to extremes with the TC bit for comic effect but he was basically spot on with everything else he said and did. I wish directors were more like Jeremy and less like Richard as unrealistic car chases is one of my major hates. Overall though, a bit silly at times (mostly thanks to Hammond) but quite enjoyable and a lot better than a lot of things they've done *cough*buildyourownmotorhome*cough*. The final chase (which I presume is the real one from the actual film and shot by the real crew) was great, I hope the rest of the film is as good.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued... top gear recently has been losing my interest, but tonight was the first time in a long time I genuinely laughed out loud.

Interesting to see how peoples opinions differ so widely. 8/10 from me.

What was Jeremy's car at the end? Hammond's was the 911 Sport Classic (I presume), but I failed to recognize Jeremy's. I thought it looked like the new Mondeo (or Fusion), but that's hardly possible. =/

Thought the SIARPC and news bit were fantastic, the rest though. =(
Hammond: Carrera 2S
Jezza: Merc clk amg black series (the "old" one)

For people who have seen it: Does the Focus ST get any serious airtime? I'm not expecting a power lap, but maybe just some opinions on it or something? I'm seriously thinking about trading my Fiesta in on one of those when you can start ordering them, but there has only been one "review" of it so far and that was really just a preview. I'm really anxious for hearing some actual opinions.

Last edited:
For people who have seen it: Does the Focus ST get any serious airtime? I'm not expecting a power lap, but maybe just some opinions on it or something? I'm seriously thinking about trading my Fiesta in on one of those when you can start ordering them, but there has only been one "review" of it so far and that was really just a preview. I'm really anxious of hearing some actual opinions.

It's not actually an ST, it's a Ecoboost with a ST Bodykit :/

For people who have seen it: Does the Focus ST get any serious airtime? I'm not expecting a power lap, but maybe just some opinions on it or something? I'm seriously thinking about trading my Fiesta in on one of those when you can start ordering them, but there has only been one "review" of it so far and that was really just a preview. I'm really anxious of hearing some actual opinions.

Jeremy stated in the episode that it was just a standard Ford Focus 1.6 Ecotech, made to look like a real ST.

Someone please shoot Hammond in front of his family. He isn't funny, he can't act and he is getting so annoying it isn't funny. I actually wished the director really was kicking the crap out of him instead of play-fighting. That stupid BS ruined what was, on the whole, a cracking episode. Even the new g/f who wasn't a TG regular until now thought it was poorly-scripted, badly-acted shite!

May's film- excellent as he usually is.
News - one of the best they have done in a long time.
SIARPC - someone as successful and good-looking as that you may automatically want to hate but he was one of the best and most entertaining guests they have ever had.

This was heading for 8.5/10 until the Sweeney film ruined it. The quality of all the other segments salvages a 7. Just.

Well, since I had already watched the Clarkson and Wilman video (and don't mind being spoiled), I was bracing for the worst. But... I was pleasantly surprised! Wasn't the best, but it certainly wasn't bad either. I was entertained in the end, and that's what matters to me.

8/10

EDIT: I even watched the SIARPC this time :D

Last edited:
While uncomfortable (I didn't like watching the Jag get battered at all...!), I thought that it was a brilliant episode, frankly hilarious!

Someone please shoot Hammond in front of his family. He isn't funny, he can't act and he is getting so annoying it isn't funny. I actually wished the director really was kicking the crap out of him instead of play-fighting.

You're 8 years late, but welcome to the club.

Richard was terrible in the stunt segment, but overall the rest of the episode was fairly palatable.

Lets hope they put all the unfunny nonsense for this series into this single episode and forget it ever happened.