[18x04] February 19th, 2012

[18x04] February 19th, 2012

• Total voters
Longtime since I've been here last time, but I had to come and leave a comment. Just loved this one! A lovely way to spend an hour! JM's Fisker review and JC's GTs review were excellent, both at the best in their own styles of reviewing. SIARPC was ok, actually watched that as I normally skip. The last bit though was very good! Proves they can go cocking about yet being informative and genuinely fun. I'd say 9/10. Not the best episode ever, but one at a level I wish most of the others were up to.

Gave this one a 8. The scooter bit could be trimmed a bit but other then that is was a really good episode.

Great episode 9 for me. much better than last week's. And MWF was pretty obvious in the crowd. Loved the scooter scenes, especially with May. And at the last bit with the door was hilarious. I thought he was going to tip backwards or something.

That FF is weird. And it looks weird too.

I must be the only woman in the world who had no idea who Michael Fassbender was and I thought the film trailer looked pretentious and tedious (a film to avoid, I think) but I thought he was a cool guy and I felt quite relaxed during the interview which is always a sign for me that it's a good one.

The news is always love. That remains my favourite bit of TG and I don't care if that makes me a HH charlatan.

Nope, not the only woman who had no idea who Michael Fassbender is. Seems likeable enough, but I liked my fellow Canuck on last week's show better. ;) (even if I really wasn't sure who he was either...) And the news segments this series have been some of my favourites.

No. He claimed his cold, which he has hardly mentioned at all, had focused itself in one ear and turned into a tumour. He said the same in the preview video for 18x03.

It was one of those tampons he said he'd bought a few weeks ago, he probably got it stuck... :p

Pretty solid episode I thought. I gave it an 8/10, no real complaints.

We did.

It had 500 other people, a film crew and some cars in it.

:tease:

http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/8322/unled3sl.png

Nope, not the only woman who had no idea who Michael Fassbender is. Seems likeable enough, but I liked my fellow Canuck on last week's show better. ;) (even if I really wasn't sure who he was either...) And the news segments this series have been some of my favourites.

I had no idea who he was either and was quite surprised to find out I had seen several of the films he has been in including the one they showed the preview for just a couple of days earlier. It was shit btw.

Speaking of James in pain, he didn't look in too much pain to me and he is the one who picked up the case of beer from the floor and walked it over. Surely if he was hurting that bad, someone else could have done that.

How do you stop someone from smoking in a car?

Call the police and have them ticketed if you see them doing it, I guess. There are some Canadian provinces where it is illegal to smoke in the car IF a child is in the car. To be honest, I don't know how many actual tickets have been given out for this offense.

How do you stop someone from smoking in a car?

In my case, it would involve some sort of weapon with live ammo loaded in it. And probably not even then.

Their lines about an inappropriate cigar humidor in the US obviously stems from two sources: 1) The fact that most of the cars they drive in the US are of the rental variety, and rental companies have large No Smoking signs in all of their vehicles, which I proceed to ignore when I'm renting, and 2) The fact that they spend a good deal of their time in the US on Planet California.

Wasn't a bad episode, but hardly great. I think it just seemed a "9" (to some/many) because of its proximity to the last episode. Yet again, James was the stand out.

Solid episode, 8/10. I enjoyed James's segment probably the most, and I also agreed with Jeremy's conclusion on the FF. I've seen the car in person and I still don't its looks. Also I was quite surprised how hard Jeremy and the Stig had to work to keep driving on the snow and ice, the main place where you need that four-wheel drive. Scooters were fun, I liked how they kept it a short segment, had genuinely funny bits. Personally I liked Jeremy's scooter the best, it looked awesome for some reason. Overall, a good mix of jokes, funny stuff and cars, well done.

"The Ferrari India Special" - lol.

Good episode, Fassbender was an interesing guest (and I recon not many other guests would have stayed after the first 3 jokes about their penis) ... the 4wd supercars on ice ("Silverstone on ice" - lol again) was a nice way to put a new twist on testing supercars (wich is getting quite old on the track).
Don?t really care about the Fisker ... but there was nothing really wrong with the film ... and awsome bentley added for bonus.
The mobility scooter challange was also quite good IMO. News was the only segment wich was a bit of a letdown ... Porsches all look the same :sleeping: orly? You don?t say!

Series is looking very good so far IMO.

Last edited: