[18x06] March 4th, 2012

[18x06] March 4th, 2012

• Total voters
The most interesting thing in this episode is the woman with fairly massive tits, standing by Richard Hammond through the news.

What caught my attention was the Le Mans start. Jeremy was like, "what's a le mans start??"

If you go to the Ford Focus vs Renault Hot hatch comparison a few seasons back, Jeremy insisted on having a le mans start with Richard.

What caught my attention was the Le Mans start. Jeremy was like, "what's a le mans start??"

If you go to the Ford Focus vs Renault Hot hatch comparison a few seasons back, Jeremy insisted on having a le mans start with Richard.

In the business, that's called a "Cabbage-Head". Essentially, if a writer feels he needs to explain something to the audience, the writer makes one of the characters play dumb so that someone can do gobs of exposition. Since not all of the audience knows what a Le Mans Start is, an explanation was felt to be appropriate, so someone had to play dumb in order for the explanation to be given. Jeremy must have lost the game of Rock-Paper-Scissors that decided it.

Yes, I remember the Le Mans start because they had done it, but still...

Plus, this is far more obvious in police/drama series, with the evidence blah blah things.