[18x06] March 4th, 2012

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

Jeremy hasn't raced the other 2 in ages. We want an epic race.

The balls on James for picking that.
If he brings a 911...
James was amazing.
That Morgan's a great city car.
Wait, he has a 500? Oh fucking dear.
He's dressed in period costume.

Great episode.

Last edited:
That was good :)

First track-car segment had just the right mix of funny but petrolhead.
Stiggy drifting the Morgan :D
News was good.
Bently v Brutus was awesome. Fantastic engines, obviously never going to be "quick", but still great engineering
SIARPC I sort of did something else but I guess he was ok from half paying attention
Track-car-usability-test - silly, but not overly so, still entertaining.

Nice episode. This season is doing well :)

Reactions: TC
News 10/10
SIARPC 8/10
Bently/Brutus 8/10
Track days cars 9/10

All in all a solid 9

9/10. Much more interesting than last week.

Slight downer on the guest, but 9/10 just for the insanity of Stig trying to monster those beasts around the track.

And exposed valve springs in action. Phwoar.

Superb, 10/10. I loved every single car that came up, I love the madness of Brutus and the Bentley, I love the little 3 wheeler Morgan, Alex was a great guest even though his first car was very predictable and there's nothing I enjoy seeing more than those 3 suffer. :lol:

I'll be watching this one for many years to come. I need to get it downloaded quick so I can post in a certain thread. :D

Another solid 8/10.

Again nothing particularly epic or outstanding but a proper, car-focussed TG with genuine banter and the natural camaraderie of the three with some great filming and an entertaining guest.

Ignore the Sweeney film and this season is shaping up to be even better than 17, and the two together the best runs we've had for at least 3 years.

Damn this episode went quick! After the siarpc I thought there was half an episode left I pressed info and I was like what 10 mins left?
They need to make more like this with all the jokes spot on and some good cocking about
10/10

Probably a bit biased because I was at the filming, but even so I thought this was a brilliant episode of Top Gear.

Some genuine car stuff, some proper laughs (although they cut the bit out of the news where it was revealed that Richard's penis is very small and nicknamed Jeremy!) and some great cinematography. Everything Top Gear should be. :clap:

Well done fellas, this really has been a very good series and next weeks episode sounds like a great finale!

Did anyone else see the 991 behind James when they stepped out of their track cars? Wonder who owns it? :p

Also; Stiggie drifting those planes was so manly i grew an instant beard.

Last edited:
Judging by the overall ratings that this series' episodes seem to be garnering from forum members, it seems like this might be the best overall, i.e. consistently very good, series in recent memory.

BRUTUS. 9/10.

It is indeed very good. It was also mentioned in todays episode that there will be more this season! Finally they have listened and provide longer seasons. Can't wait! :D

10/10 to the rest of the series.

Loved Brutus/Bentley.. I did a May myself wondering which Spitfire engine they took... the Merlin or the Griffon?

SIARPC was... tbh, I didn't know who he was but then I never grew up around here.

My dad built a kitcar of the Caterham(which I helped) so I was properly chuffed to see the R500 in this episode.

No love lost for the Morgan I'm afraid =(

Again: Waiting for a decent quality rip, but some points so far:

Track day cars: Points deducted for using the almost exact same introduction: "track days have become such huge business these days, there are actually cars built specifically blah, blah, blah". That was at least the third time I heard them use these exact words.

Film was great fun - though I somehow feel that they could've made more out of the whole thing.
Weird choice of cars, or rather engines. Morgan has around 100, X-Bow IIRC around 250 and the 7 has 500hp ...
So cars without windscreens and roofs aren't very good in the rain? Who'd have thunk it? Wear a full face helmet and a windbreaker in the rain and it's not *that* bad. I prefer the Morgan ... looks to me like it'd be a perfect mix of car and bike (even has an S&S engine) and driving it prolly feels like a low level strafing run in a WW1-fighter.

BoB: Brilliant little film, two totally insane but totally wonderful cars. Guess I was wrong about the Bentley.. :) Both are soooo bonkers, but I'd have to go with Brutus .. it just looks so much more evil than the (visually) more restrained Bentley.

Caught a glimpse of the new 911 at the very end (in the Dunsfold parking lot). Hope that won't be all we'll see of the car on TG ..

S.

Probably a bit biased because I was at the filming, but even so I thought this was a brilliant episode of Top Gear.

Some genuine car stuff, some proper laughs (although they cut the bit out of the news where it was revealed that Richard's penis is very small and nicknamed Jeremy!) and some great cinematography. Everything Top Gear should be. :clap:

Well done fellas, this really has been a very good series and next weeks episode sounds like a great finale!

Who did you go with? Were you part of the Donington/jmb party?

I want a Morgan Three-wheeler, now!

Very solid episode yet again, loved the Brutus versus Bentley.

2 epic plane/cars

3 awesome trackcars tested to the limit

great banter, solid 8/10