[18x06] March 4th, 2012

[18x06] March 4th, 2012

• Total voters
My favourite bit of the whole thing was Richard's intro to the second part of the track day car challenge.

This series has definitely been the best in a long while. There's barely been a step out of turn. (except you-know-what).

So many things i could say that were right in this one , awesome cars , great jokes especially about the Audi advertising :D , very solid guest and a pretty well rounded episode.
this is turning out to be a great season

Could you re-type that ? All I got was this. :blink:
http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/9297/38762225.jpg

Track Day Cars: 8/10
News: 8/10
SIARPC: 6/10
Brutus vs. Bentley: 9/10
Stig Driving That Morgan Around The Track: 10/10
Overall: 8/10

I didn't know who the guest was (I rarely do), but he was a little dull.
I was frightened for Stig in that Morgan...and in the Brutus and Bentley for that matter; he was just elevated even further into my chart of awesomeness.
X-Bow was pretty disappointing compared to the Caterham, I thought it'd fare much better.

As a track day only car, the Caterham is the way to go. But the Morgan 3 Wheeler looks so freaking cool, I bet if it had a better engine and wider tires, it probably would've been a much better track day car. As is, it's not really good at anything except being cool.

Brutus vs Bentley, how does the Brutus's BMW engine lubricate the valves? If it's all exposed like that.

This season is great so far. 8/10

Another solid 8/10.

Again nothing particularly epic or outstanding but a proper, car-focused TG with genuine banter and the natural camaraderie of the three with some great filming and an entertaining guest.

Ignore the Sweeney film and this season is shaping up to be even better than 17, and the two together the best runs we've had for at least 3 years.
This.

I want a Morgan Three-wheeler, now!
This. I've been drooling over this car since I read about it in Octane and TG Magazine.

YES! MORE OF THIS!
THIS!!!

Great fucking episode. Wonderful!

10 out of 10.
I haven't laughed that hard with TG in a long time! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Bently and Brutus were cool as hell. Now I want to see how fast Jay Leno's Tank Car would go around the track.

Fanbloodytastic. I'll have more of this sort of thing in my life. And yay for the Morgan giving a massive FUCK YOU to both the other cars. :nod:

Brutus vs Bentley, how does the Brutus's BMW engine lubricate the valves? If it's all exposed like that.

I think you have to grease the valves every so-and-so miles, or it could be like a diesel locomotive where oil is very gradually allowed to seep out onto the components.

These are just guesses, though, so I could be wrong (someone who knows more about Brutus correct me).

:ph34r:
Some people may be sarcastic and complain about them stating the obvious about the cars not being good in the rain, but at least they took them into the real world! Where it rains! I loved that bit.
I recall, several decades ago, commuting by crowded bus to University one wet winters day and from my elevated perch found myself looking down on a 'James May' in something like a Lotus 7 matching speed in the next lane. Helped by his leather helmet, goggles, scarf and an elbow hanging out alarmingly close to the external exhaust steaming in the rain, he looked for all the world like a WW1 fighter pilot returning to base after a bit of an altercation over the lines! The spray from the rather inadequate motorcycle mudguards was most impressive. I'd have given up my bus-pass for a ride in it - even in the wet :ph34r:

Guest was terrible but everything else was great. 9/10.

This (saved me the trouble!)

I knew who he was but Jeremy's intro alone was enough to put me off. A has-been musician and member of the Chipping-Norton set who makes Jeremy think he's cool because he knows the guy.

I gave it a 10 because the awesome aircraft engine cars trumped the bad guest by thousands of pounds of torque. This episode was about cars. That's it. And it was beautiful.

"Blasting through simply sausages" :lmao:

8/10 for me. Great back-and-forth, great showcasing of the 3 guys in the track-day cars. Liked the brutus and bentley segment but wasn't overly head over heels about it. Skipped SIARPC. News was amazing.

Again, solid 8/10 for me.

I hated the cars this week. Pretty much think they are stupid, however I really liked the show in spite of the cars so 8/10.

The star of the track day segment was the Morgan and was the only thing that made it interesting. Catheram and KTM are relatively old news and covered in previous episodes/DVD's. A short review by hammond on B roads + the lap would be enough, but it seems the mono was planed, an unknown and interestingly looking car, so that screwed things up. the segment itself was good it felt unscripted, natural and fun.
Bentley and brutus looked awesome, it couldnt only be made better if you would drive them in brooklands.

A solid 9 out of 10 for this episode. SIARPC is just a waste, IMHO.

Best bit from the whole show was from the end, when James compared Jeremy to a potato lying in the fridge for very long. He does look like that! :D