[18x07] March 11th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Radio Times

7/7. In the conclusion of the show's 18th series, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to discover if they can go motor racing for less than it costs to play golf. There is also a double helping of guests, with rock star Slash and F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen - who has returned to the grid after two years in other motor sports - taking to the track in Reasonably Priced Cars. Meanwhile, Richard gets behind the wheel of the new BMW M5, which is powered by a twin-turbo V8 engine instead of the high-revving V10 of its predecessor. Last in the series.

Oh no no no no no no no... not dull-as-dishwater Kimi! I think they'll be spending 90% of the time trying to understand what he's mumbling there. Okay, I'm being unfair. :lol:

And as for motorsport challenges, the cruel side of me would want the three to do the Nurburgring 24h one day. :evil:

Last edited:
It's interesting to see how fast Kimi is with the Suzuki.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to discover if they can go motor racing for less than it costs to play golf.

Am I the only one who cringes at the thought of a(nother) TG challenge involving the game of golf? :unsure:

S.

At last, an actual SIARPC segment I'll be interested in watching. The F1 guests are always my favourites, it is interesting to see how they come across in a more relaxed scenario to what they are usually in.

...that motorsports challenge sounds suspiciously like they may be getting into LeMons racing...

I am so happy that this series exists in the form that it does.

Trololololo, they booked Kimi Raikkonen :D

Am I the only one who cringes at the thought of a(nother) TG challenge involving the game of golf? :unsure:

S.

:idiot:

Nobody said anything about them playing golf. They will set a budget for a set of clubs, club membership and some lessons etc and then use that money to go motor racing.

*ouch* .. lol.

I'm sure you're right, but ... oh well, it's just that, for me, the words "Top Gear" and "golf" (<-the game) in a single sentence conjure up images of one of the worst films I've seen on the show ...

Mind you: I'll be more than happy if they'll prove me wrong .. :)

S.

Me too. I just prefer people to be pissed off for the right reasons. ;)

I thought that Slash was a bit trashed and uncommunicative (aka mumbled a lot) - odd star in a car, he may be a Clarkson guitar hero of course.

Apparently he has been angling to be on the show for some time according to the conversation he-he and I had with Wilman a few weeks back.

Also don't expect either of the guests to be going to the top of the leaderboard in a week's time. I just checked the forecast which currently says
w15.gif
. :(

On the plus side FG will be well represented since I found out yesterday suggsygirl is going to be there along with he-he, Dr Grip and yours truly. :dance:

Last edited:
On the plus side FG will be well represented since I found out yesterday suggsygirl is going to be there along with he-he, Dr Grip and yours truly. :dance:

Enjoy guys :) I'm hoping for more behind-the-scenes stories (Suggsygirl's last time were particularly fantastic!).

I thought that Slash was a bit trashed and uncommunicative (aka mumbled a lot) - odd star in a car, he may be a Clarkson guitar hero of course.

Slash is actually very soft-spoken and pleasant to talk to. Although I can't imagine how he would drive the Kia with his top hat and all the hair in his face :)

Do you guys ever do anything that doesn't involve watching Top Gear filmed? :blink:

Doesn't it get boring after the first five times you've been?

I think they need a restraining order...:lol:

It's as much about the day out and hooking up with friends tbh. Half the fun is the couple of hours hanging about in the car park beforehand, chewing the fat and taking the piss out of some of the other audience members, seeing what people turn up in, meeting fellow FGers who you haven't met before and so on.

Plus the News and SIARPC each take about half an hour to record so there is plenty of stuff that ends up on the cutting room floor because it's far too close to the knuckle ever to be broadcast even on the website. Plus all the piss-taking they do between takes or when one them cocks up.

It is, when you think about it, supporting a particular sports team and going to 3-4 games a season.

I'm looking forward to all of it. I consider that the people-watching aspect will be very worthwhile. Will be good to meet up with other FGers.

Status
Not open for further replies.