Votes: 10 43.5%

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who got the impression that Fifth Gear didn't realy want Ben/Stig or even trying to boot him?
They used just a few times throughout the whole series, and when they did, he had to do (imo) stupid stuff (dragster) or he could not claim wins/points at the remaining challenges (the buggy-race, the 2-wheel driving, and now the dogfight)

Most of the pieces for the series were already filmed by the time the decision to bring Ben on was made. So his first few segments were bolt-ons.

Most of the pieces for the series were already filmed by the time the decision to bring Ben on was made. So his first few segments were bolt-ons.

Doesn't explain why he lost in every (serious) challenge he was in...
For my taste to much for pure coincidence

Edit: rewatched the 2wheel driving challenge from 18x9; somehow I must have rembered wrong :blink:
The Dragster-thing from 18x1 didn't count for me as a serious (meaning against other driver's) challenge

Last edited:
Ben didn't lose every challenge he was set. Drive the Santa Pod stretch in under 9 seconds, he did 8.8 (okay just barely under 9 seconds). Winning one Autograss race he did lose that one. Driving on two wheels for longer than Jonny, again, he won that one, albeit just barely. He definitely lost the three way dog fight with Tiff and Jason.

Railroading the former Stig?

Railroading the former Stig?

As soon as I saw that Ben got the 370Z CONVERTIBLE, AUTO, I knew that they were never going to let him win. Just another pointless knifing in the FG vs. TG war...

Don't get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for Jason and Tiff, but I want to see them challenged, even if just a little bit by the new boy. If the 370Z was that brilliant SyncroRevMatch manual and had the stiffer hardtop chassis, this would have been a closer match and we might have finally had an answer to the Stig vs. Jason/Tiff debate.

At least we'll get one next series probably :)

This is the thing. They have to keep the viewers watching and they know many want to see Stig vs Jason/Tiff. That Auto 370z really p***ed me off. Almost as if he was set up to lose from the off or maybe they didn't want that car winning for whatever reason.