1929 Willys Whippet (Mid mount turbo)

A little messy sketch for the beginning... What would you like to change / add / remove?

OQ9Tcf1.png

A little messy sketch for the beginning... What would you like to change / add / remove?

OQ9Tcf1.png

Holy crap that is amazing! You are an amazing artist. I love the colour scheme especially the red accent on the seats! If you can do a rear view I would really appreciate it! Also I was thinking of different rims, some five spokes or something. Open to ideas?

This is not the sketch I will build to and put on my wall for motivation!

Thanks! I will try to look at some rims, I just used the SRT wheels because you had them on at the beginning. Rear view will follow, just not immediately - I don't have as much free time as I used to.

gt1750: Wow! That looks awesome! You have some SERIOUS talent!

So what about something like Forgeline CF3C's in matt bronze (or titanium)? They are pricey though. You can also suggest wheels you like and I can try to 'shop them in.

vXGZvv5.png

I have also made some minor adjustments to the sketch and changed the grille. Rear view will follow soon(-ish).

Yep. That is me.

I like those rims alot! I really appreciate the work you are putting into this.

Started working on splash pan. I will be reforming the panel out of a single sheet next time I am out there. I also mounted the headlights.

Last edited:
I made some tie downs for the hood out of some Princess Auto turnbuckles. I am struggling to find the correct weatherstripping stuff to put between the hood and the grill shell/cowl so I am trying out some rubber straps also from Princess Auto, they seem to be the right thickness and should be durable enough? I don't need them to seal so they should work to prevent too much squeaking. Also cut out a piece of 16 gauge perforated stainless to make the grill insert. My order from Speedway showed up with the 4 link bars that I will use to lock the rear wheels from turning (this replaces the stock steering rack from the donor car).

I made the new piece to cover the coilover mount on the passenger side and welded it up. also made the second tie down for the hood for that side.

Had one of those productive days where nothing really looks different. Finished welding in the new panel at the back and the passenger side fender splices. Also started the kick out to the firewall that will give me ample leg room and give the pedals the required clearance. I made the structure under the running boards and tied it into the frame with some 1x2 tube. I can now step on them to climb in and out and not kill myself trying to jump over.

Love this build, impressed with your skills, and imagination in doing something different. I also am building a 29 willys so I was glad to see another one. Gt1750 great rendering

I took a couple big steps and cut down the back of the car behind the seats and removed the stock windshield frame. I will be smoothing both spots out and filling in with sheet metal. I used the tilting portion of the stock windshield for the frame of the new one. I also framed out and sheeted the firewall.

I mounted the stock frame for the dash area (really cool looking piece) about 6" further back and started sheeting it back in.

Was able to get some help and finish bead rolling and fitting the last of the body panels. After they were all tacked in we pulled the body off and finished welding out the frame.

Also finally got around to making a stand for my bench grinder. Made from the old door bars from my roll cage, a torched engine block and some spare 1/2" plate.

Here is a better look at the new rear panel, interior panels and the windshield.

3091_zpsq5zcefp9.jpg.html]
7C4A4A6E-E87C-482D-AC7A-7A554B753091_zpsq5zcefp9.jpg
[/URL]

Actually I can give you a bed for as many nights as you want here and food too. There are a lot o great local shows throughout the summer so odds are something will be going on whenever you come. Look forward to meeting you. Karson.