Back from the dead to this thread. Since my last update I have moved, COVID, etc but all that stuff is boring. Back to the car where I put a full new wiring harness in, installed a new stereo with 2 amps and a sub, and a cool head unit that runs off android. Finished the engine mounts and reinstalled the engine/4l60 trans. Installing the engine is wayyy harder without a big gantry that can lift it up and in. The poor little engine hoist was at its max height, I had to lower the car almost to the ground, and it still barrrely made it over the front of the car. With the new trans installed I made the new trans tunnel cover. Next steps is to do the new trans crossmember, mount the brake master cylinder under the floor, and figure out exhaust. Good to be back!
Had a few days off work and made the trans cross member, mounted the brake master cylinder did a slick mount for the stereo behind the stock grill in the dash. Also played with the air ride and worked out the leaks.
I had the spacers for the back wheels bored out on a lathe to fit on the centering hub on the rear end. Fits great! Took the shop 30 minutes!
100mm diameter by 5mm deep. Had to clean up the hub with a wire wheel to get it to fit on so it is a good tight fit.