Ownership Verified: 1965 Ford Anglia

You're welcome, its so detailed and extremely interesting, I plan to do the same with the sprucing up of my 105e - document as many photos as possible of anything changed/replaced. We have already done so with the Mustang and anything that has been replaced/changed on that. It makes for a more interesting hobby I think! :D

It definitely does, really is a good thing to do!

I'll check the build plate out tomorrow - its currently tucked away in the garage - I do know it was completely repainted approx. 20 years ago, I was however told this was done to the original colorway.

From what I can see, I think it's certainly Lime, which is my favourite Anglia colour! The problem is, Lime was only on 1960-1963 cars, e.g. the early ones. So I'm unsure, the build plate should clear it up. This is Lime:
fs_dscf0023.jpg

It is such a shame that many UK suppliers of old english fords do not ship internationally - there must not be the demand for it over here like there is in Europe. I have managed to find some things locally but I will definately see myself buying the occasional pieces from overseas. I will keep in mind that you also have some parts - it would be sweet to trade parts!! :p

Unfortunately the Owner's Club, which is the best source, cannot trade abroad due to some legal reason or another. 105Speed is good for parts though, and I know the chap I buy parts from up the road is prepared to send abroad, as he has been to Australia as of late. Unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of parts, but I might have something you need! You never know, I suppose.

I am so surprised by the washer pump being plunger styled! :D I had assumed that the motor in mine was perhaps broken or the switch was contacting and therefore was looking at getting a new one - Ill hold off that thought now. If I have any luck getting mine to work Ill upload a video for you? I may even place up a virtual tour of the inside/outiside as well! :D

I did get mine to work, however it was very weak, I imagine an internal diaphragm had failed or something... Videos would be much appreciated! They've certainly been popular in this thread.

Last edited:
Im loving this thread!
Ive just seen it, and having just purchased a 1965 Ford Anglia in the exact same colorway this is making me very happy :D
The car was a one lady owner all its life (48 years) before I bought it, and its fair to say its in pretty impeccable condition.

Aucklandanglia_2_Medium.jpg
[/url][/img]

Wow, another one on FG!
Same model, same year and (nearly?) the same colour.

:lol:

.. oh, and :welcome: to FG.

So, Anglia news!

The good news for me, is from next weekend onwards I'll be spending time with the car again. I'll be attending Ripon Classic Car Show with it next Sunday (which means I'll start another show report thread) and the car will be taking place in my home town's annual May Day Parade. This is very important for me, both me and my dad had the parade down as the goal for finishing the project, and I'm very pleased we can make it. I've watched the parade since a little kid, and amongst all the floats and bands and what not, the classic cars were always my favourite part. It'll be very satisfying to have the car on it! (And CYD as well).

Meanwhile:
NOS Dip Switch fitted:

Re-converted back to manual washer pump! My dad got a working manual washer pump from somebody with some spares and plumbed that back in, which meant the electric pump could be removed from under the bonnet, and finally the engine bay is visibly 100% stock:

Also, both cars attended St. Asaph Retro Car and Motorbike show last weekend:
552846_641327642550443_1753220897_n.jpg

420765_641849535831587_15285731_n.jpg

This proved a good running in trip, consisting of a 300 an odd mile round journey. Making the car ready for its 500 mile running in service. Points greased, bolts tightened, clearances checked, etc. All running well!

So, Anglia news!
Meanwhile:

Re-converted back to manual washer pump! My dad got a working manual washer pump from somebody with some spares and plumbed that back in, which meant the electric pump could be removed from under the bonnet, and finally the engine bay is visibly 100% stock:

If you have any photos showing how this is done I would appreciate it SO much. The previous owner of our Anglia has removed the washer pipe sometime during its life and we are wanting to reconnect it. Problem is, we have no idea where the pipe runs from the washer box.
Are you able to provide some detailed photos of where it runs? What parts were needed for the new wiper pump too?
And just one more really random question re. the bracket holding the washer bottle back in place - is that resprayed in a stainless steel look spray. Looks so tidy :cool:

If you have any photos showing how this is done I would appreciate it SO much. The previous owner of our Anglia has removed the washer pipe sometime during its life and we are wanting to reconnect it. Problem is, we have no idea where the pipe runs from the washer box.
Are you able to provide some detailed photos of where it runs? What parts were needed for the new wiper pump too?
And just one more really random question re. the bracket holding the washer bottle back in place - is that resprayed in a stainless steel look spray. Looks so tidy :cool:

No problem, I'll try my best, although I'm away from the car! The pipe goes from the washer bottle to a hole in the bulkhead right in the corner on the right hand (nearside/passenger) side. This hole from the bulkhead takes the pipe through to the area behind the glovebox, it's then fed through to the pump in the dash, which is the same unit as the wiper switch. I can't recall if once inside the car, if there are clips to hold the pipe up behind the dash, but I would expect there to be some. I suggest you get in there with a torch and take a look, it's rather cramped when the seats and glovebox are fitted though, not much room for moving around. The new wiper pump was a complete unit that worked off the shelf, so I have no idea what was wrong with the old one. When I finish University, I'll strip down the old pump with some pictures for you so we can see how it works.

The bracket was painted with a cadmium paint, this one, to be exact:
p338.jpg

Gives a really nice finish, but is awfully toxic. :lol:

No problem, I'll try my best, although I'm away from the car! The pipe goes from the washer bottle to a hole in the bulkhead right in the corner on the right hand (nearside/passenger) side. This hole from the bulkhead takes the pipe through to the area behind the glovebox, it's then fed through to the pump in the dash, which is the same unit as the wiper switch. I can't recall if once inside the car, if there are clips to hold the pipe up behind the dash, but I would expect there to be some. I suggest you get in there with a torch and take a look, it's rather cramped when the seats and glovebox are fitted though, not much room for moving around. The new wiper pump was a complete unit that worked off the shelf, so I have no idea what was wrong with the old one. When I finish University, I'll strip down the old pump with some pictures for you so we can see how it works.

The bracket was painted with a cadmium paint, this one, to be exact:
p338.jpg

Gives a really nice finish, but is awfully toxic. :lol:

Ok cool I'll take a look and see how I go re-routing the washer piping. I really want to get it going again!!!
Also thanks so much for the Spray you have used. Turns out, we sell it here in NZ too so I will invest in some.
Did you use this spray on your Air cleaner too?

Ok cool I'll take a look and see how I go re-routing the washer piping. I really want to get it going again!!!
Also thanks so much for the Spray you have used. Turns out, we sell it here in NZ too so I will invest in some.
Did you use this spray on your Air cleaner too?

Air cleaner is gloss black. Parts I painted cadmium were:

Fuel pipe from pump to carb
Washer bracket
Boot stay and mechanism
Exhaust pipe (not the manifold, that was done in a hammered style manifold paint)
Dipstick
Boot catch
Bonnet catch

anglia174_zps04da08f4.jpg

anglia168.jpg

Hope that helps. :)

Air cleaner is gloss black. Parts I painted cadmium were:

Fuel pipe from pump to carb
Washer bracket
Boot stay and mechanism
Exhaust pipe (not the manifold, that was done in a hammered style manifold paint)
Dipstick
Boot catch
Bonnet catch

Hope that helps. :)

Definately does! I really admire the work you've done on your 105e, hence why Im using a lot of the work you have carried out as an example and integrating it into mine :D

It's always better seeing that someone else thought your car was good enough to take a photo of, but any excuse to buy a better camera is good too. :D

That cadmium paint looks great, for a cheat's method. :p

Two days of good weather, and two very different events. Yesterday we attended Ripon Classic Car show, which had a wide variety of cars.
13Rip14_zps29238697.jpg

And today was the Penrith May Day parade, which for the first time in years, had bright sunny weather. (Although these pictures were taken before the sun came out!) The turnout was a great mix of cars, and both CYD and HMB took part. However, the 40+ minutes of idling and driving at walking pace took it's toll on CYD, which unfortunately overheated and stalled out on the second lap of the town. Thankfully after a quick push start it was away again, and both cars behaved well after a good run out to cool down.
MayDay1_zps79446008.jpg

MayDay11_zpscdc5e8db.jpg

MayDay5_zps3bfa5c59.jpg

I'll be posting a video later tonight, after YouTube has processed it, of the parade taken from CYD with a GoPro mounted on the roof! More pictures of both events in the show thread.

Last edited:
Radio fitted, and dash back together. (Radio has an AUX lead in for MP3 players into the glovebox, and a single speaker has been mounted below the parcel tray. Also wired up a power outlet for charging things).
anglia242_zpsd985bc94.jpg

anglia243_zps28fa6424.jpg

Random question - where have you fitted your speakers?
I am weighing up whether to install them onto spacers on the sides of the car in front of the front doors (which I really don't want to do) or whether to place them in boxes in the front parcel tray.
I have seen that your friend with the White Anglia Van has used the latter method and it doesn't look too bad! :p

The interior in my 105e is near perfect and Id really rather not destroy them lol :D

There's a single speaker in a triangular housing below the parcel tray in front of the gear lever. If I did it again, I'd have just stuck it with something, instead I drilled the tray. Not that it matters much, it's nearly invisible.

Fun few days around Snowdonia and Anglesey, both showing the cars and driving on some pretty demanding routes, quite a few hundred miles covered, and the car performed excellently.

WANG1_zps52f78b49.jpg

WANG2_zpse73cef2e.jpg

WANG3_zpsf6026621.jpg

WANG4_zps319d3074.jpg

WANG5_zps12c56a1f.jpg

WANG6_zpseb46639b.jpg

WANG7_zps6fe42ab8.jpg

WANG8_zps26c41c4a.jpg

WANG9_zps9aa4ff3e.jpg

WANG10_zpsf1db02bf.jpg

WANG11_zpse0a9504a.jpg

Expect an onboard video of some of the mountain pass driving soon!

Last edited:
I am dissapoint. I thought we would be treated to the normal engine sound. Would be nice to hear how she sounds now after the rebuild.