1969 Camaro RS/SS

When I first got into the rebuild I was half tempted to throw caution to the wind and just put the biggest baddest engine I could with the fatest tires, best of everything... and then I saw that the body was in great shape (first was a cali car then sat in a barn in the south somewhere) and that most of the original parts were still quite usable so I went for an almost back to original refurb with just a few mods (headers, radiator, carb, tires, among other things)

oh, and yes, Troy Michigan kicks Troy Ohios butt! (though both towns are right off I-75 oddly enough)

thanks! my everyday car is a red 07 crossfire... I think the camaro makes fun of the crossfire when I'm asleep at night:)

Oh please, you know that the Camaro's giving the Crossfire atomic wedgies every time you look away. How else do you explain the Crossfire's hunched-up rear? :mrgreen:

When I first got into the rebuild I was half tempted to throw caution to the wind and just put the biggest baddest engine I could with the fatest tires, best of everything... and then I saw that the body was in great shape (first was a cali car then sat in a barn in the south somewhere) and that most of the original parts were still quite usable so I went for an almost back to original refurb with just a few mods (headers, radiator, carb, tires, among other things)

oh, and yes, Troy Michigan kicks Troy Ohios butt! (though both towns are right off I-75 oddly enough)

Where do you go to school?

Freaking awesome! I love the wheels too!

When I played Motor City Online (the greatest game ever created in the entire world before it was killed by those bastard EA biotches) the Camaro RS was one of my prized cars.

I need to go through some old backup disks to see if I can find some old MCO screenshots.

I have seen that car before on the SA Forums, are you the same guy? If i remember right he was selling it.

what a car ! brilliant ! ;D looks like the one in 2fast2furious xD

I'm speechless...

Pretty much everything everone else has said. 99.9% perfect car (minus .1% for the color).

This is and always has been my dream car, all the way down to the engine. Awesome awesome car. Big congrats. :clap::bow::thumbup:

Oh, and I hate you too. :razz:

OK so in response to a PM I received here's some pic of the crossfire... it's no Camaro that's for sure!
Full body shot
80xmc6h.jpg

Front View
8fahvrs.jpg

The view most people are used to (I'm sorry... I had to say it)
6tc9nyp.jpg

The dash... problem 1. steering wheel doesn't adjust up and down!
85uq7br.jpg

A pretty nice Infinity sound system, for stock it's really nice.
7wa4j0z.jpg

Problem number 2:
89tnyw7.jpg

Yes, that's the cup holder! I guess Germans didn't follow the American stereotype when they were deciding on the amount of cup holders!

8fahvrs.jpg

Wife''s Prius....?

Otherwise, great cars. The Crossfire is one of those rare Chrysler cars, like the Prowler, that is always a unique sight on the roads. Is it a SRT-6 or no?

I went to school at Warren De La Salle and then Michigan Tech, when I say Troy MI kicks Troy OH butt I mean it in a "we're better haha" way not in a sports way.

I was just asking because I used to live in Troy, Michigan and I just assumed you were still in college.

I would have gone to Troy Athens... I live over by Troy Beaumont

Yea I lived in Troy from 2nd to 7th grade, I would have gone to Athens as well had I stayed there.

8fahvrs.jpg

Wife''s Prius....?

Otherwise, great cars. The Crossfire is one of those rare Chrysler cars, like the Prowler, that is always a unique sight on the roads. Is it a SRT-6 or no?

hell no, I was hoping nobody would notice it was in the driveway... we had company over. I work for a big 3 company so I would NEVER own a Prius... plus it's butt ugly:lol:

My other car is a 300C Hemi, not SRT 8 (I'm jealous of the guy on here who has one) but still pretty quick for such a big car.

hell no, I was hoping nobody would notice it was in the driveway... we had company over. I work for a big 3 company so I would NEVER own a Prius... plus it's butt ugly:lol:

My other car is a 300C Hemi, not SRT 8 (I'm jealous of the guy on here who has one) but still pretty quick for such a big car.

8)

Bad News :cry: the crossfire was totaled today, apparently the punk in the Escalade behind me thought "Oh, a fire truck with its sirens on is pulling out ahead of me, I better change lanes and accelerate to get ahead of him!" WHAM! that just happened to be where I was driving along side another car, as we slowed to let the fire truck in. Needless to say the punk got a ticket, and my deductible is only $100 and I get a new crossfire. It sucks, I'm stuck with a SeaBring for the time being =(

That sucks. At least you weren't driving the Camaro at the time.