1969 Mustang Coupe

In my opinion, the last great year before everything went really, really wrong for ten years.

That's great that it has been kept in the family; maybe when you have your own family you can then pass it down to one of your children. :)

I'm bumping this up just because I like how this picture turned out.

http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/8688/img05361yd7.jpg

looks great. any engine shots ?

Thats kinda funny.. I have a '69 stang, and an 02 Grand Prix.. scary coincidence, eh?

You mean the one that sets itself on fire after a trip to the grocery store?

That's been fixed :whistle:

As far as engine shots, why would you want to see 40 years of weathering (bonus points if you know anything about an edelbrock 1408 carb though) :-|

http://img259.imageshack.**/img259/9795/enginebw8.jpg

Man, your doing the total opposite of me! Haha, I'm working on the engine bay and set to drop a new sparkly engine in there and THEN get to the bodywork. :D My how I hate bodywork...

Wow. Thats one of my all time fav cars. Nice job on the restoration

Yeah, that is one awesome picture...and a hell of a nice car! Congrats!

Man, your doing the total opposite of me! Haha, I'm working on the engine bay and set to drop a new sparkly engine in there and THEN get to the bodywork. :D My how I hate bodywork...

Well our engine runs fine which is why we haven't done it yet. I'll get some minor work done this spring, I need to change out the carb in intake, the ones on there now are designed for heavy track use only, not street use and it's a daily run-around for me so 12mpg isn't cutting it. Regardless though, it would be transformed into a big chrome jewelry box, I'll just keep it stock as we've tried to do with the rest of the car, and anything I take off goes into the cabinet in the garage with all the rest of the original parts that aren't on it now.

The only thing that's going to give me a royal headache is the air conditioning, it's got factory air in there, but it doesn't work and hasn't for 30 something years, so it's probably going to get expensive to fix it up and get it running, especially if I go with the original R12 instead of 134a.

Nice Valve Covers :thumbsup:

I bet those are pretty rare.

I wouldn't think so, you can get yourself a brand new set of them from NPD for $60. :lol: Although they probably won't have the FoMoCo stamp on them.

the 1408 should be abit more for power then my 1406. relatively new too right ? summit sells the rejetting kit for like $30 or something like that. and you can find the owners manual to figure out which combo for more lean or more power on google.

the 1408 should be abit more for power then my 1406. relatively new too right ? summit sells the rejetting kit for like $30 or something like that. and you can find the owners manual to figure out which combo for more lean or more power on google.

No, the 1408 was discontinued about 15 years ago. It was designed for EGR purposes (exhaust gas recirculation- turbos anyone?) So like I said, I need to change them out since they really aren't serving their purposes with me. :lol:

The 1406 or 1405 are what I'm leaning toward for a replacement.

Well our engine runs fine which is why we haven't done it yet. I'll get some minor work done this spring, I need to change out the carb in intake, the ones on there now are designed for heavy track use only, not street use and it's a daily run-around for me so 12mpg isn't cutting it. Regardless though, it would be transformed into a big chrome jewelry box, I'll just keep it stock as we've tried to do with the rest of the car, and anything I take off goes into the cabinet in the garage with all the rest of the original parts that aren't on it now.

The only thing that's going to give me a royal headache is the air conditioning, it's got factory air in there, but it doesn't work and hasn't for 30 something years, so it's probably going to get expensive to fix it up and get it running, especially if I go with the original R12 instead of 134a.

I wouldn't think so, you can get yourself a brand new set of them from NPD for $60. :lol: Although they probably won't have the FoMoCo stamp on them.

Did you mean you it wouldn't be transformed into a big chrome jewelry box? I'm not going for that, I'm just putting in a lower mileage 302 that I'm going to clean up and paint and replace parts (timing chain, waterpump, oil pump, fuel pump, intake, carb, etc etc.) My old 289 is pretty worn out, 200,000+ miles and burns oil, other than that it was enough to get me around for 4 years. 12 mpg? Man! I was getting about 8! Haha.

Are you going for a stock restoration with manufacturer parts? If not, I'd say scrap the old a/c you can use much more modern, lighter, more efficient systems that are available in a bunch of cars and it will be much much cheaper. But that all depends on what you want to do with the car.