1974 Porsche Targa

kenezzite

I'm looking at a 1974 Porshe Targa.
Millage is 115,000+, everyday driving.
He's Asking $7,500
I've seen the car and it's not in good condition. The interior is in kind of old bad shape, the body is not that great. But the car is running and working, but it's needs work I think.

I'm thinking he's asking too much for it. I need your opinion about it.

Are you looking for a project car that you want to spend a lot of money on, or something that is just fun to drive?

zenon said:
Are you looking for a project car that you want to spend a lot of money on, or something that is just fun to drive?

I do want to spend some money to fix it up, and drive it for fun.

Do you guys think he is asking too much though.

kenezzite said:
zenon said:

I do want to spend some money to fix it up, and drive it for fun.

Do you guys think he is asking too much though.
Where do you live...? (Accessability issues, easyer and cheaper to get it in Europe...) But, I would suggest that a coupe is the better car... Or a Turbo...

I live in USA, and anyway i decided not to get it, too expensive. I could find a better deal somewhere else. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Overheat said:
3hrs of decision making there - well done :)

:) I talked myself out of it, after searching what I can get for that kind of money.

don't fancy targas, at least not Porches ... Am I the only one?

haz

Check uk.mobile.de and search around what you can get in europe

kenezzite said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
What do you have now?

Confidential, lol

Honda Accord

I say take the $7500 and get a bike. It's pretty hard to get more performance and thrills for less money.

This is assuming of course you have some decent roads nearby that aren't packed with cages. :lol:

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
kenezzite said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
What do you have now?

Confidential, lol

Honda Accord

I say take the $7500 and get a bike. It's pretty hard to get more performance and thrills for less money.

This is assuming of course you have some decent roads nearby that aren't packed with cages. :lol:

Get a dirt bike! :thumbsup:

No - get a Hayabusa. :woot: I bet you could find a good one for $7500.

Top Speed - 190mph
1/4 mile - 10 seconds flat
0-60 - under 3 seconds :thumbsup:

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
No - get a Hayabusa. :woot: I bet you could find a good one for $7500.

Top Speed - 190mph
1/4 mile - 10 seconds flat
0-60 - under 3 seconds :thumbsup:
tiny mistake - coffin... :thumbsdown:

Hayabusa is too heavy. It's quick on a straight line. Take it to some twisty road and get outran by a moped