1977 Ford Fiesta MK1 Ghia

WHAT?

6.800 ? for a beige Fiesta? I paid 500? for mine and I thought it was expensive!

I know it is restored and all but... :S

The front headrests were an option that was included in the Ghia version. So bye bye neck if you couldn't afford the "luxury" version :lol:

And since when car manufacturers stopped making automatically folding radio antennas. They were so cool! :cool:

Last edited:
And an automatically folding radio antenna. That is pretty rad even nowadays.

Damn, I didn't know the alternator in that thing put out enough juice to power that and run the engine at the same time. :lol:

WHAT?

6.800 ? for a beige Fiesta? I paid 500? for mine and I thought it was expensive!

I know it is restored and all but... :S

Nah, all factory original, just never really used.

Yes! I cant wait to get my hands dirty on that beauty! :lol:
And when you think about it, its gonna have some real racing pedigree if it can make it back to BCN!

lol
-Where's the engine?
-I dunno, mate, i dropped it down there few days back... still can't find it.

I mean like parked, not being driven, stored away somewhere. That's just slowing the inevitable. And it's boring as hell. As far as I'm concerned, it's the man's car to do whatever he wants with.

Agreed. You can't preserve virginity 4 ever. Girl gonna f***, engine gonna rev! :cool:

We talking cash? ;)

Well... the Fiesta is not going to travel to Mongolia after all. We have decided to make a change of plans and we are going to participate in the rally with a completely different machine: Mid-Engined and RWD :lol:

I wanted to keep the Fiesta for myself and work restiring it but I have nor the time or money. So the car will be safe for now.

It's on sale, so if there's anyone interested in a MK1 Ford Fiesta PM ;)

So, now all those "you have to save it" screamers can jump in and save buy the car. - Anyone? Hellooo?

It's not so heroic/important anymore when you have to fork our your own money, eh?
hehe.gif

Actually, I have already sent the link to the local classic Ford nerds. They say it's FWD and a Cologne V6 won't fit, so it's not worth the bother.

We have decided to make a change of plans and we are going to participate in the rally with a completely different machine: Mid-Engined and RWD :lol:

Huh, something midengined, rear wheel driven with a small capactiy? :eek:
What is it?

What I should do is kit up the VW with a vinyl roof. :lol:

Don't do that. It would look hideous. Just buy the Fiesta and drive it home.

Don't do that. It would look hideous. Just buy the Fiesta and drive it home.

I endorse this message. I can't buy it because then I'd have to ship the fucker to .hn. and I'm broke anyway.

Huh, something midengined, rear wheel driven with a small capactiy? :eek:
What is it?

Haha! :lol:

It's a Piaggio Porter (aka Daihatsu Hijet).

Daihatsu-hijet-mpv-camper-efi.jpg

We've found a way to avoid paying 1500? to the rally organization for the car to be brought back into Europe. We've contacted a Spanish charity organization in Mongolia that will take the car as long as it's a van (because the taxes on cars are skyhigh). So we had to find a van that would fit the small-displacement rule of the rally. The Subaru Libero 4x4 had to be imported from Germany and homologated for driving in Spain (homologation's about 1500?). So it was out of the question. And just like it happened with the Fiesta, when we were about to give up we found this Piaggio Porter which hits all the spots (van, small displacement engine and as a bonus, RWD).

The fiesta is in good knick and it comes with an extra set of 4 alloys also refurbished by us. Come on! You wanted a piece of history right? :lol:

Ahh alright, I was wondering what it is. :lol: Nice.

Be careful or it will tip over. :p

Last edited: