1982 Jetta coupe (racecar project)

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
This is an ongoing project, but it is TONS of fun!

Specs:

1.8L 16v swapped from an 89 Jetta
AGB tranny
Bilstein shocks
H&R springs
Autpower bolt in cage
3 point harnesses for both passenger and driver
90's cloth recaros (from a Jetta GLI)
Poly bushings all around... every place that has a bushing has poly now
Autotech Front and rear hollow racing sway bars
Autotech adjustable front subframe bar
15 inch one piece wheels with Falken Azenis RT615's
painted, inside and out in Audi aviator grey, but it is no show winner (needs wet sanding badly!!)
Techtonics exhaust with their special 16v downpipe and high flow cat

IMG_4738.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4740.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

IMG_4744.JPG

IMG_4745.JPG

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

Here is an older pic (those wheels are long gone):

IMG_0156.JPG

Oh yeah, here are a few pics from the build:

1.jpg

6.jpg

dscn0019.jpg

dscn0037.jpg

75.jpg

13.jpg

coupe&misc032.jpg

Last edited:
Looks much better after you dumped that ugly ass copper paint. :)

Nice! Finaly a racing car project! :) . I like the mkI golf better, but this is nice! The paint is definitely nicer than on mines :( . Lets see some more pics! And how is racing? Do you have any cups yet ? :)

I have not been home for long enough to finish a complete season, but my co-driver won our class last year.

For some reason, the Jetta seems to perform better than the Golf, I wonder if the trunk helps with balance.

I loved the the picture where the rear right wheel is off the ground.

Great car and build. You put on a Golf front grille? Seems from the pics that it grips very well indeed, great pics going round that bend. Grand effort well done - and I agree that copper paint - not nice.

I have not been home for long enough to finish a complete season, but my co-driver won our class last year.

Cool, congrats! :thumbsup:

For some reason, the Jetta seems to perform better than the Golf, I wonder if the trunk helps with balance.

Hm, I have driven Golf MKI, and it was fun to drive, but never driven a Jetta before, but yeah, maybe you are right about the balance.

I'm am really, really liking that :D

Wow, great car and great mods. Good luck for your races!

Man, I thought I had this thing sold until about 20 minutes ago. It made me happy and sad all at the same time!

Bummer, its for sale? Are you planning on replacing it with another track rat? :)

Sweet looking car, but I'd think it would look great with some blacked out euro bumpers on front and back.

Any weight / hp numbers?

My ex neighbor has a Scirocco with a 190hp 1.8l that flew. I forget how much it weighted, but the power to weight was something incredible for 190hp.

Sadly this car is now sold and living in Tulsa, OK.... I wish the new owner many fun days at the track!