1994 BMW 325is

farazharoon

Hello I have found this BMW in Florida which apparently is in good condition but doesn't have a proper title anymore. It was a theft recovery and then the insurance sold it to someone with a certificate of destruction (a parts car) to the guy who is now selling it online. It can't be put back on the road in Florida for certain.

My question is Can a vehicle with a Certificate of Destruction be registered in any other state?" Is there anybody who knows about these things? Its not a salvage title but a Florida Certificate of Destruction.

I am living in Texas. Can I convert it into a Texas title in anyway? Please let me know if anybody has any information on this topic.
Thank you,
Faraz LalDin

Well, here in Texas, it is legal for one to drive barefoot...so...it's a posibilty that it can be registered :lol:

Call the TxDOT: 1-800-299-1700

I'm sure if it passes emissions, you can register it :)

Maybe you could get a salvage title for it in texas, but certificate of destruction sounds awfully final. :(

thanks for your input.
i read the florida law and even though Cert of Destruction sounds terrible it's apparently not that bad. Because in FL a theft recovery vehicle cannot go back on the road therfore it is given a Cert of Destruction. They don't even bother to check how damaged it is, if it is a theft recovery (and the owners have already been paid by insurance) it can't go back on the road.

I'll give that number a call.

Such a waste, an apparently good condition car with only 73,000 miles cannot be put on the road. :?

Anyway, if anybody else has any info please do let me know.