Ownership Verified: 1995 Jaguar XJR manual

The whole all-black look was turning out to be a bit too much for me, so I sprayed the wheels silver using Rustoleum's version of Plasti-Dip. Looks pretty good, apart from the scratches in the finish where I got clumsy with my impact wrench.

XJR silver sprayed wheels.jpg

Looks really good from the photo. Did you take the tires off the wheel before spraying or just mask the tire off?

I wouldn't have known that was a spray coating if you hadn't told us, they have come a long way from the old flat black Plasti-dip.

Looks really good from the photo. Did you take the tires off the wheel before spraying or just mask the tire off?
Just masked them off, though I did take them off the car first.
I wouldn't have known that was a spray coating if you hadn't told us, they have come a long way from the old flat black Plasti-dip.
To be fair, this was taken on an old iPad camera, so it is hiding some flaws in the finish. The guy at Autozone did mention that this Rustoleum stuff isn't as thick as Plasti-dip, for better or worse. I just need to be careful with my tools when mounting and unmounting.

Classic Classy Vehicle.

Greenwich is a good time. I went there YEARS ago... I think I lost my photos in the fire. It was just after the Veyron came out; I'm also 95% sure that's where I saw the yellow Enzo that's in-and-around CT for the second time.

So the reason I took those pictures was to apply for entry into the Radwood Royalty section of the Greenwich Concours on 6/4, and I got in!
And damn right you should! It looks amazing.

Now time to put together an obnoxious yuppie outfit.
Don't forget to pair it with a forgotten wallet to be a proper Jaaaaag driver.

Clarkson's "Jaaaaaag" monologue when he was still funny: The typical Jaaag driver being a posh-but-broke bloke who uses the Jaaaaaag and his upper class demeanor to get away with just accidently not having his wallet on him/the credit card not working/etc...

Ah, thanks.
That reference flew right over my dandruff head.

Ah, thanks.
That reference flew right over my dandruff head.
I still love an old TG reference, If I can engage your curiosity then I call that a win. :p

A friend here (in the UK) had an S-type until recently so that kept the references going.

Last edited: