Ownership Verified: 1996 Daihatsu Midget II (why?!)

This is not only one of the most awesome cars of a forum member, but the opening post is hands down the best PYC opening yet. :thumbsup:

Oh wow, this is fantasic! I think this is the forums only one seater no? I love the one vent :lol:

Last edited:
Stupid and awesome is 50/50 on this one. Yes, I smiled, but I also facepalm'd at the same time. :lol:

I fuckin' love it!

:lol: Wow.

So what's that "Cooler" thing? Does it actually have air conditioning? It can't be just a fan, because I can see the advanced HVAC controls with the fan speed switch on the upper part of the dashboard.

Does it even have a heater? :lol:

Cooler is a box on the back. You can put POWs in there for two weeks.

I am speechless. Congrats, I guess? :lol:

Thanks for the kind comments. I'll be updating this from time to time as anything interesting happens. Aside from a frustrating drive to Birmingham and being laughed at by hordes rather than small groupings of people, and being filmed by some attractive schoolgirls from the back of a bus which made me wish I could subtract 7 or 8 years from my running total 25, I've done nothing much of note.

(That said, I did take the Midget on the M40 and set a speed of 76mph. Given the tires are actually smaller than the originals due to supply issues this is a reduction of about 4mph, but still frighteningly quick. Of course, there was gravity assistance involved in both directions.)

I haven't been active since this is not a project as such - how does one improve upon perfection? I've actually owned the car for more than 4 years now. But enough prattling.

====

Ask yourselves: what does one do when the windscreen washer jets are gummed up and need to be removed for a clean?

Normal answer: Do minor work which may involve such strenuous activities as lifting the bonnet or undoing a bolt or two.

Midget answer:

AceXvR0.jpg

Cooler is a box on the back. You can put POWs in there for two weeks.
It's Steve McQueen approved!

... how does one improve upon perfection?
With a 'busa engine? :D

Hats off to you for one, not only owning that, but being willing to take it over 70mph.

I think the politically correct brand name is Daihatsu Short Stature the Second.

I love this thing!

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold, but not in this one. Laughed through read, so stupid that it needs long road trip under it's belt.