1998 Subaru Liberty RX Bilstein Edition (MY FIRST CAR!!)

there are turbocharged cars that are allow to be driven be P platers with no exemptions needed and they are the Smart cars and the Suzuki Cappucino.
:lmao:

Some more photos I took this lovely Boxer...I mean Boxing Day :lol: :p
exterior_3Small.jpg

exterior_4Small.jpg

exterior_5Small.jpg

exterior_6Small.jpg

exterior_7Small.jpg

exterior_8Small.jpg

I think I want to remove those four mudguards - they don't serve much purpose in lovely summer weather apart from taking away from the looks dept.

p.s. I'm going mad not being able to drive this car much...gotta wait until the end of January to get my full licence :shock2:

Dont laugh at the Cappucino :p
I'd leave he mud flaps on to protect the paint, there bound to be some rain soon with this crazy weather.
EDIT: woops, how did that happen? Sorry about that

Last edited:
Now that......is a nice car!

congrats dude, good choice for a first car

Thanks!

Some pics of the badging...
http://img246.imageshack.**/img246/4673/pict0008mediummk8.th.jpghttp://img407.imageshack.**/img407/6558/pict0019mediumno7.th.jpghttp://img246.imageshack.**/img246/1214/pict0024mediummn2.th.jpg

And it appears as if my wheels are filled with nitrogen :blink:
http://img186.imageshack.**/img186/9366/pict0035mediumhg8.jpg

It's possible! A new thing with push bikes I discovered today is that instead of carrying a pump, you carry a small cannister(about the lenght of your thumb) of an inert gas, in this case C0^2, which expands rapidly on being released from said cannister. Although fiddling about with a pump for half an hour may not be the concern here, I suspect pure Nitrogen may be slightly lighter than just "plain old air"...

You are soooo lucky - congrats a great looking car. Don't get too enthustac driving it until you've had a bit of experience. Are you looking to do some track time, this would be a great car in which so to do. Is there a tiptronic on this? That would help, it would not be a manual but being able to change up when you want does really help with the driving pleasure.

I didn't know VIC was adopting those laws...I'm happy they are because it makes me feel less disadvantaged, although, I don't think I would be driving anything that would be on the banned list if those laws didn't come into place anyway.

Doesn't disadvantage me :p I've already got my P's

It's possible! A new thing with push bikes I discovered today is that instead of carrying a pump, you carry a small cannister(about the lenght of your thumb) of an inert gas, in this case C0^2, which expands rapidly on being released from said cannister. Although fiddling about with a pump for half an hour may not be the concern here, I suspect pure Nitrogen may be slightly lighter than just "plain old air"...
I thought it was a joke at first but I've just been doing some research and it turns out people do put Nitrogen in their tires. But it seems its all a marketing gimick by the tire companies and people who use it say it makes no difference at all. Just costs like $30 to fill up and makes people feel like its better for the tires compound or something...

What a waste :rolleyes: I think I'll save my money and use regular gas whenever I next need to put air in my tires.

You are soooo lucky - congrats a great looking car. Don't get too enthustac driving it until you've had a bit of experience. Are you looking to do some track time, this would be a great car in which so to do. Is there a tiptronic on this? That would help, it would not be a manual but being able to change up when you want does really help with the driving pleasure.
Hhmmm, I haven't even thought about it but now I think I'll have to organise a trackday one weekend or in the Easter holidays for sure. A relative of mine said his b-day present to me would be a defensive driving course which teaches you all you need to know about defensive driving and allows you to explore what your car can do on the limits (which I'm still foreign to atm). So I'll really enjoy that! My brother did one in his IS200 and had a great time whilst learning some important skills he might have to use on the road.

No tiptronic on this unfortunately, but it has a little "power" button on the gear selector...not sure if it does much/anything. The 4-speed is pretty rubbish but I'm not complaining - I love my car to bits regardless of its slushbox :mrgreen:

Nitrogen shouldn't make any difference. Air is around 80% nitrogen anyway.

No tiptronic on this unfortunately, but it has a little "power" button on the gear selector...not sure if it does much/anything.

:think:

http://img80.imageshack.**/img80/536/jeremyhandseu3.gif

Damn you, you're almost 10 years younger than me and you have a car <_<

Congrats, looks good

no licence dosent stop ppl where i live driving around. GO BANKSTOWN:rolleyes:

I thought it was a joke at first but I've just been doing some research and it turns out people do put Nitrogen in their tires. But it seems its all a marketing gimick by the tire companies and people who use it say it makes no difference at all. Just costs like $30 to fill up and makes people feel like its better for the tires compound or something...

What a waste :rolleyes: I think I'll save my money and use regular gas whenever I next need to put air in my tires.

they've tried to sell it to me as well, suposibly it can't escape and they'll stay inflated for ever (unless you push in the valve)

whatever, i'll use air...for free :lol: