1998 Subaru Liberty RX Bilstein Edition (MY FIRST CAR!!)

^so I'm getting you used Tint-a-car as well fbc? if you don't mind, could I just get pictures (pm or here) of the tint and the address as well? its so annoying how every company claims to have the darkest legal but I've seen 3 examples of "darkest legal tint" one from Melbourne City Toyota, one from Summit Holden and one from tint professor and let me tell you, there are all completely different in terms of shade and darkness :lol:

Tint-a-car is that company that puts their crappy hyundai's in shopping centres for advertising, right?
I've seen them in eastland, chirnside park, chadston before :O

^ Yeah, we used our local Tint-a-car - I'd imagine (hope) that most of their franchises would produce the same quality. Pictures are a bit of a problem as the car's filthy right now. I'm fairly certain SL's tint is the same product though.

There are different shades available - the Focus is black so we had to make sure the shade of the tint matched. One of the reasons we used Tint-a-car is because they asked what sort of car it was and more importantly what colour it was.

One thing with tint though is that how dark it looks depends on things like the colour of the interior, and the lighting you see it in - it can make a huge difference.

Hidden_Hunter - It's the Tint Professor who do the shopping centre thing.

^hmm... okay, I'll prob. go up to a local dealer and get some quotes and hopefully I can see some examples in real life... my car is silver so I'm looking to get the full on black tint (Darkest shade and least transparent as possible)... they charge the same price as Tint-professor

i'd tint it myself tbh

(over here) most companies don't take out the windows, and so they're only tinted to just below the edge. open the window 3 times and it starts peeling off

and it's realy easy, just soak the window with soapy wather, put coating on, and wipe press everything from underneath to the sides so it drop to the ground, perfect fit all way round, and it'll last

Nice car man!!! is it yours though, did you pay for it and all the repairs, etc?

Nice car man!!! is it yours though, did you pay for it and all the repairs, etc?
Yep, pretty much :)

I paid for most of the total cost of the car whilst my parents and grandparents chipped in a little. The damage was paid for by me whilst the tinting was paid for by dad because he was feeling generous, heheh.

I pay for fuel and thats a bitch! Around $55/week...

Tinting things yourself isn't really all that bad. I went to a few places to get quotes on getting tint on the Disco. The cheapest place I found wanted $450 for it. I spent $40 on three rolls of tint and after two days of work it was done. The worst part was getting the old tint off. (Nail polish remover is your friend.) There are a few bubbles here and there but you can really only see them if you get right up to the glass. I'm proud of my work. :)

I'm gonna be in for around $75/week when school comes around. :cry:

Cool car by the way... I love the interior, it's so clean... and the steering wheel looks so meaty.

Yep, pretty much :)

I paid for most of the total cost of the car whilst my parents and grandparents chipped in a little. The damage was paid for by me whilst the tinting was paid for by dad because he was feeling generous, heheh.

What? 1 tank for me cost around $50 with premium... but I guess you drive to school everyday, that's the good thing about living about 3-4km away from uni... I drive if I have 1 class or can't be bothered, but most of the time I just walk :D

These new licence conditions are just....
The zero tolerance for speeding is a little harsh, 4 demerit points and 3 months suspension. 3 months is too long for no driving.... It will teach some people though. I think school zones will catch a few people out.
Peer passenger limit is stupid.
Complete mobile use ban makes sense, though it states that "you cannot use any function of any mobile while your car ignition is switched on"
Now the thing that really grinds my gears is the "change of display of L and P plates on vehicles". It's not really a big thing, but I like to display my plates behind the window, because #1 it's more likely they won't get stolen :p, and #2 it's easier to put them on and take them off. With the new conditions you now must display them on the exterior of the car. It's really no different then displaying behind the window but if you continue to do so you will end up with 2 demerit points and a fine... I guess it's not really a bad condition but on car's like SL65's Liberty it's hard to do cleanly (though I guess you could use those magnet types, but on my car theres no where to put it). Always bad plastic bits hanging out from behind number plates.
Also Learners have to now do 120 hours including 20 night hours which is still the wrong way to do things..
/rant-ish
/hijack

the magnet ones fuck your paint pretty quicky (I've had friends who've used them and had there paint all scratched)

I display my plates on the inside and my back plate is somewhat difficult to see at night but I don't see any point to displaying P-Plates at all, nobody drives any differently around P Platers

Also the only metal bit on an integra at the back that you could stick the magnetic plate is the little space where the boot gap is, the rest is plastic.

wtf, what the reasoning behind the plates having to be outside? shamming of p platers? in SA, when u reach stage two u dont have to display em, has load of benefits etc

Basically a group stupid on the road have now meant the belief all p platers cant drive or idiots, sorry for bring up the same topic,but im angry cause i got pulled over today for accidently having foglights on, my mistake, yet i was being treated like i killed someone GRRRR!

^To a certain extent, I do agree that the P plates should be displayed on the exterior of the car, if it needs to easily be visible, However, honestly, My P plates are close to useless regardless during the day or night, my Windows are tinted quite dark and placing it on the top right corner of the rear windscreen, there is no way anyone would be able to see it at night and it would be difficult to see in the daytime. But P's on the outside would look really ugly.

btw, haven't the outside P's thing existed in NSW for a long time already?

I heard of this coming ages ago, and aside from the mobile phone ban, it's useless political posturing.

The Zero speeding tollerance. Utter brilliance. More time staring at the speedo, for fear of being booked something severe, no room for mistakes. Not really helping.

P-plates on Exterior: Annoying. I've had magnetics on for ages, and I am starting to notice it attacking the paintwork... but it's the only worable option for my Landcruiser. The plate-holders don't fit (they cross a door line at the back), my old solution, double sided tape doesn't work so well when other people have to drive it on occasion... Fortunately, I've got big slabs of steel at either end to stick the magnetics on. But I imagine it's only a matter of time before they're nicked.

The peer ban isn't much of an issue for me, but iot does trouble several of my mates. I can see a sort of twistwed, damaged logic working at this particular part of the policy, but I think it will save very few and inconvenience many.

On a slightly lighter note, I may be a 'Cruiser man for not much longer, there's some talk of selling the old battle axe... I'm thinking an AU XR6 would be a great replacement,

This is public servants with too much time on their hands finding things to do IMHO. This lot (apart from the Mobile ban) is stuff and nonsense.

^^Crusierman... I've seen quite alot of people with Hatches simply take the P and stick it under the Wiper when driving, looks like a smart solution.

And the peer thing would be stupid if imposed, one of my friends live just outside a freeway that we use to go to a suburb which we love going for Chinese food, so all of us just park our car there and go there in 1 car, if that was imposed, we would have 5 cars driving there instead of one, it would just make it worse in terms of pollution and traffic congestion.

What's all this zero-tolerance and pre ban stuff? Sucks to be in NSW!!

So good being on my full licence, I actually get treated like a human being now!