1999 Mistubishi Glant (My (sorta) First car!) Lots of pics

lv2xlr8

Car(s)
99 Mistubishi Galant
Well I posted earlier: 3-5K for a Car

I bought the Galant on Monday. It has some bumper to bumpers on the paint and 1 small ding and I have a few small easy fixable complaints about the car but that's all.

DSC03047.jpg

My bro was inside the car and thats me and my dad outside on Monday.

DSC03048.jpg

DSC03049.jpg

DSC03050.jpg

DSC03051.jpg

DSC03052.jpg

DSC03053.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC03056.jpg

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03062.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03065.jpg

What do you guys/girls think? All feedback welcome. :D;)

Oh, you bastard! I'm so envious. That's been on my want list for years now. But it costs too much for me to afford. :(

You don't have to crop out the gear shifter, we won't laugh at you because it's an auto. 8)

I drove a GTZ model a few years ago and the V6 really makes those cars go. Nice buy.

You don't have to crop out the gear shifter, we won't laugh at you because it's an auto. 8)

lol Honestly, that wasn't intentional but yes it is a automatic.

I drove a GTZ model a few years ago and the V6 really makes those cars go. Nice buy.

Yeah it's got good pick up. I'm surprised it only goes to 120 but it definitely goes.

Oh, you bastard! I'm so envious. That's been on my want list for years now. But it costs too much for me to afford. :(

I got mine for cheap but it's a fun car, hope you get one.

Welcome to the Galant club. These cars are great, especially after a day of driving the covered wagon (Explorer). I envy you because yours came without the crappy rear spoiler (huge on a 4 cylinder front wheel drive car). The automatic transmission is great (except for power loss to wheels) and I never drive at night without the foglights on because they are so cool (and high beam doesn't work :p). All in all a nice buy, as long as you are never a passenger in the back.

02795101.jpg

Car like mine, don't have camera.

The 2.4L I4 or the 2.5L V6 in a 2002 model with all the trim costs around 15k euro. Sheesh..

Last edited:
The euro spec galants look nicer though :D

Seriously though, I've always fancied one of them. Fairly rare over here.

Foglights only illuminate the road right in front of the car which means your main headlamps can't work like they should, because their beam gets distorted by the beam coming from the foglights. So foglights hinder the full potential of your headlamps when using them at the same time.

Furthermore because now the road right in front of the car is illuminated, that's also where your concentration isn't where it should be, as in far away in the distance. Instead it is where the strongest lighting is. This naturally means something you would normally notice in the darkness, let's say a deer on the road, will be unnnoticed until you are close enough to see the deer, because your sight isn't where it should be, it is in front of your car.

A bit messy text, I hope you get the idea.

How the hell can the foglamp beam distort the headlamp's beam?

Wikipedia said:
Use of the front fog lamps when visibility is not seriously reduced is often prohibited (for example in the United Kingdom), as they can cause increased glare to other drivers, particularly in wet pavement conditions, as well as harming the driver's own vision due to excessive foreground illumination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lighting#Foglamps

Nice motor - I had a J reg one two models before this one, 20k GBP plus car on the V6 here. Looks the part and the engine is turbine smooth - only drawback is that the insurance and parts are EXPENSIVE - I had a group 15 on my Coup? FCS. I do think that the Euro spec ones look a bit nicer tho'.

Nice motor - I had a J reg one two models before this one, 20k GBP plus car on the V6 here. Looks the part and the engine is turbine smooth - only drawback is that the insurance and parts are EXPENSIVE - I had a group 15 on my Coup? FCS. I do think that the Euro spec ones look a bit nicer tho'.

Yeah it is a nice motor. I took it up to 90mph on the highway (motorway) yesterday or rather this morning at 1:40. It got up there very smoothly but if I went too much faster the front end would feel way too wobbly.

I've always liked that model Galant. Can't say that about the new one..