[19x01] January 27th, 2013

[19x01] January 27th, 2013

• Total voters

Is he listening to Oltremare by Einaudi while driving the Huayra ? xD

EDIT : Nevermind I DO have confirmation. It's Svanire here.

Listening to the Divenire album then. If that's a personal choice Hammond, I salute you.

Last edited:
Solid episode, I rated it 8/10, but it's more like a 7, the more I think about it. That's not bad, but not especially excellent.

Pagani - very good cinematics, I like that the producers make an effort to make the same old track look more interesting through different shots
Bentley - impressive, I cringed at the thought of damages to such an expensive car, but hey, it's a pretty good ad for Bentley UK.
SIARPC - surprisingly good, Damian was entertaining, since I watched Homeland, he also felt to be relevant guest. To be honest, this bit felt a bit short, which rarely happens with SIARPC for me.
P45 - this on the other hand felt too long, but I did get some laughs out of it. At first, I thought that the dragon's den was genuine and then I remembered that the two guys from there were already guests on Top Gear, so it was done mainly for laughs, which made it less cringeworthy.

I liked it! Even watched SIARPC because I remember the dude from Band of Brothers. (And my goodness, that lap was epic! :D)

Loved the Huayra bit, not so much for Richard (nothing against him) but i simply ADORE the "Leonardo Da Vinci" interior of the Huayra

Bentley was awesome, and scary! The thing was going balls out! O_O

Jeremy was funny! I laughed, at least, must be because I'm still one big child (just skipped the part with the... investors? judges? Whatever, I was feeling sleepy.)

I liked, it was nice to see the boys back in action :)

8/10

Last edited:
Regarding the Huayra's lap time-- it looks a lot like the car is wearing the same Pirelli slicks the Zonda R runs. Hence, they pulled a FXX. It's possible they painted up a set of PZeros with the white logos the slicks wear for marketing purposes, but I doubt it.

As such if TG didn't intentionally stage it, I would expect them to remove the time in the near future as a result.

I think they ran it out of order. It should have been ...

Bentley
P45
News
Huyura

Start big, throw in some laughs, and finish huge.

Edit: looks like I left out SIARPC ... maybe they should have too.

Last edited:
Ok ok... I was bit too harsh but really i didn't enjoy this episode at all. Pagani bit was ok:ish and bentley bit was too. Rest of it wasn't good at all imo.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No I meant technically - click the Poll Results button and you are off down below 1 on your lonesome! How is that even possible?

Last edited:
9/10

Seeing the Huayra on track totally changed my opinion on the styling. It's sort of beautiful.

Gave it a 9 but after a quick re-think, it really deserves a solid 8.

P45 was just hilarious. When Jeremy responded to Bannatyne's mumbling, I completely lost it.

After watching the whole show, I only thing I can remember that was worth watching was the Bentley bit. The rest was just photocopies of segments of the past. BBC is so generous with these guys that now they only film 5-6 episodes each year and yet, this time they decided to just mail it in. Maybe they are too focused on their individual shows or perhaps they put all their energies on the TG live tour. I hope they realise that their fame is first and foremost due to the Top Gear show.

The pagani bit was good only because its an amazing car.. the rest was pretty bad. Bunch of scripted jokes that weren't funny. They managed to spend a whole 5 seconds discussing the new corvette, which is actually a fantastic car that's remarkably affordable and a big deal in the US.

Skipped through the SIARPC but the lap was kinda fun due to the slush. Bentley was OK. Jeremy's bit was entertaining but also lame and fairly irritating with all the scripted portions.

6/10 .. "Meh"

Decent Episode, but one I can't see myself coming back too often to re-watch. 7/10

6 from me and even less from my wife.

Wasn't expecting much from that first episode and was still disappointed.
Have been a long time viewer but the program formula is now starting to feel stale and is becoming as relevant to cars as MTV is to music.

I think after the Zonda, which was too long for the little information provided, the following segment should have been on a slightly more down to earth car. SIARPC was ok, hope Damian will have a chance to try again in the dry. Won't even comment on the last segment.

These days I am more exited of a Chris Harris review on Drive than a new episode of Top Gear.

I enjoyed everything except for the Dragon Den part. That was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too drawn out and boring. Enjoyed Damian Lewis and the other segments. Great to have it back!

7/10

wow... so many 9s and 10s.
I think some should watch episodes TWICE before voting..

7/10.

A nice waste of time, but I expected a little more from the first episode in such a long while.

Also: I cannot believe how fast that Pagani is ... will that time ever be beaten?
w3Ag4xR.png

Last edited:
And what's the thing with Lewis Hamilton in season previews?

Are they so angry that German driver is on the top of F1 board, that they needed to invite him again to beat his 'wet&oily' time? They did the same with Jenson Button.

Jeremy invited Lewis to do a dry lap in the Liana waaaaaay back when he first appeared in Series 10. That was well over five years ago. It's about bloody time he came back, IMO.

Yes something I noticed during the news I forgot to mention was Hammond's dress sense. I noticed before Jeremy and James made remarks on it, and thought "Is Richard turning into Jeremy with the clothes he's wearing?"

IMO, even Jeremy wouldn't wear that shit. Richard's in-studio outfit was that hideous.

Anyhoo.

* Liked the Not-a-Zonda review.
* News was so-so.
* Bentley on the rally stage was pretty good. The bit before it, errr, not so much?
* SIARPC was worth it only to watch him in the slush.
* The P45 film got a bit tedious as it went further along.

Not a very auspicious start, and like MWF, I'm a bit concerned about next week's road trip.

I thought it was a very solid come back. I missed them guys.

6 from me and even less from my wife.

Have been a long time viewer but the program formula is now starting to feel stale and is becoming as relevant to cars as MTV is to music.

I think after the Zonda, which was too long for the little information provided, the following segment should have been on a slightly more down to earth car. SIARPC was ok, hope Damian will have a chance to try again in the dry. Won't even comment on the last segment.

These days I am more exited of a Chris Harris review on Drive than a new episode of Top Gear.

My dear fellow, if you can't even tell that wasn't a Zonda, then I think you're watching the wrong program, and complaining for nothing...

Last edited: