[19x03] February 10th, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qqyr8

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May engage in an epic race from Wembley to the San Siro stadium in Milan. Hamstrung by a rule about price, Clarkson maximises his bang-for-buck with a 35,000 pound, 662 horsepower Shelby Mustang GT500, while Hammond and May pin their hopes to the ever-improving pan-European rail network. For the winner, tickets to a top flight football match. For the losers, only the stench of failure and a long trudge home. Plus, Jeremy slithers about the test track in the brand new Toyota GT86 coupe and car-loving singer-songwriter Amy MacDonald is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Now, this is the kind of epic race I've always wanted to see: Clarkson in a car that people could actually afford. That said: Good luck finding a brand-new Shelby GT500 for 35,000 GBP in Europe/the UK .. :D

S.

Jeremy called the GT86 his car of the year, so I'm looking forward to that bit as well.

Hopefully this can be as good as the old Epic races, I'm thinking of the Veyron vs Plane, GT-R vs Train and the good old ones.

Clarkson maximises his bang-for-buck with a 35,000 pound, 662 horsepower Shelby Mustang GT500,

Should say Jeremy Clarkson uses a bunch of unfunny stereotypes we've heard a hundred times as he wastes our time on a race across Europe.

If they lads can't muster enough excitement and passion for this episode, then consider it the death knell of the show.

Seriously, I'm pulling for this one to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.