[19x05] February 24th, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond tackle the twin problems of an ageing population and the increasing complexity of modern cars. Their solution is to design a vehicle exclusively for the elderly and then test it out in Dorset with a little help from a trio of pensioners. James May assesses the new Range Rover around London and then shifts to Nevada for the ultimate challenge against an autonomous military machine. Plus actor James McAvoy is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r2ckq

James McAvoy, sweet! Hopefully that Jeremy and Richard thing isn't too stupid. I'm looking forward to this episode.

Hopefully that Jeremy and Richard thing isn't too stupid.

Judging from the trailers, it will be stupid. Very stupid. I predict Eagle i-Thrust levels of badness for this one ..

S.

Dorset = lots of old people, used to live there and it was sometimes odd driving around - "You just had to be there at the time."

And just when you think they couldn't get worse than P45, bam, a new stupid segment featuring Fiat Multipla.

And just when you think they couldn't get worse than P45, bam, a new stupid segment featuring Fiat Multipla.

And by the sounds of the rest of the episode, it's going to take up about 25-30 minutes. Not looking forward to it at all, if Clarkson and May were doing it then it might have been some good, but not Clarkson + Hamster.

Well, I enjoyed the P45, so...

I have to say i'm not at all excited for this one.
The vehicle for elderly people film sounds like a recipe for cringe-worthy scripted fail, the preview footage confirms this. Range Rover test doesn?t sound interesting either.

That "autonomous military machine" seems the most interesting to me. I hope they do a proper job with the pension-mobile, but most of what they do in the garage really isn't, sadly. I'm predicting a couple of Honda jokes, since their dealing with the elderly. . .

At the very least I will be looking forward to the Range Rover review, maybe even James McAvoy in the reasonably priced car could be good, as for the Elderly people bit I've set my expectations low on that and will probably at least enjoy it on the initial viewing.

Should include the BAC Mono review as well. Twas the last studio based episode of this series as next week will
be the Africa special. The boys are now off to Moscow and Australia to do Top Gear Live.

The car for the elderly might be funny but I doubt it. I forecast the kind of barely concealed scripted fail of the type that makes me glad firearms are not legal in UK homes because if they were I would probably shoot the TV.

At least if this is rock bottom in this run then the only way is up.

Should include the BAC Mono review as well. Twas the last studio based episode of this series as next week will
be the Africa special. The boys are now off to Moscow and Australia to do Top Gear Live.

BBC2 shows this as episode 5/7. I'm assuming there will be 1 more normal show before the special. We should know by tonight, when the next episode is usually posted.

BBC2 shows this as episode 5/7. I'm assuming there will be 1 more normal show before the special.

Wrong. There's almost certainly a Best Of to come after the Africa trip. That'll be episode 7.

Was that just a rumor or has that been confirmed?

Confirmed, the synopsis for episode 6 is up on the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r5xcq

"In the first of a two-part Top Gear special, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are in Africa with a simple mission - to find the definitive source of the Nile. Over the years many explorers claim to have already done just that, but the Top Gear trio believe that they can do better by travelling further and faster than any exploration team in history using only grit, ingenuity and three ageing estate cars."

Status
Not open for further replies.