Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
More rehashed shite.
If you want me, i'll be putting my head in a carrier bag.

Kiskaloo

I was expecting a "Geoff" level of fail, but it actually ended up not being the s**t-show I was expecting.

abczyx

Car(s)
'06 Freelander 2, '96 Midget II
I enjoyed it. Most FGers will hate it.

It was much better than Geoff, for what it's worth.

LindenChase

Liked the Range Rover film, but found the old people's car segment absolutely dreadful. Unfunny and patronising. Glad James wasn't involved.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
I enjoyed it. Most FGers will hate it.

It was much better than Geoff, for what it's worth.

that :nod: the RR review was very nicely done and the beige-tipla james, although a bit rehashed and with little potential, actually made me laugh.

clarksonjr

Allow me to introduce the Top Gear Drinking Game which i've just thought of.
"Its all scripted" - shot of tequila
"Why isn't it more about cars?" - down a pint
"Fit bird behind..." - Jagerbomb
"It's too childish/stupid/pathetic" -yard of ale

Last edited:

oasked

Car(s)
Volkswagen Polo
Unlike most of you lot (apparently), I loved it. Great episode!

Good mix of action, comedy (not too staged - and genuinely funny). The Range Rover review was epic, the guest was good and the old people's car was good too (I didn't think that it was patronising at all - I know I'll be old soon enough, as do the TG boys).

The old people's car wasn't really a rehash either, unless you want to count every modified car they do as a rehash. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

KryptonZone

Top Gear Drinking Game
"Its all scripted" - shot of tequila
"Why isn't it more about cars?" - down a pint
"Fit bird behind..." - Jagerbomb
"It's too childish/stupid/pathetic" -yard of ale

8/10

I was going to say something clever, but read this and decided to give it a shot *hic* :?
Range Rover bit was quite fun. Some part of the old people's car segment were relatively OK. Can't wait for the Christmas episode... in March-ish no less!

superhenning

Car(s)
2012 BMW 118i M-sport
I think it was a good episode. The old people's car was much more fun than expected, and the Range Rover segment was epic. 8/10

neutron

godawful episode, the only redemption was Range Rover review. I could have used this time better.
4/10, and I will not download it to my HDD to save space for something more useful.

dageshi

Solid episode. If it's not obvious by now there's a huge number of viewers out there that like that kind of old people car segment that was in the show today. If they're going to do it then at least make it clever and a bit surreal, I think they did a decent job of that, I enjoyed it.

Elvis313

Car(s)
2013 Volvo V60 D6
I actually liked it. The Range Rover bit was quite good. The old people car segment was scripted fail as one has come to expect but it didn't feel like they were trying to sell it as non-scripted fail so it's fine by me once you see it as the simple entertainment bit it's meant to be.

LindenChase

Jezza just tweeted this:
Heartfelt thanks from @RichardHammond and I for the huge number of wonderful comments about our old people's film.

I thought he was being sarcastic, but reading the comments, most people actually seem to have enjoyed it. :cry:

Last edited:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
As someone who thinks the elderly belong on public transport and who believes in compulsory re-testing from age 60 I found that part very entertaining - it addressed pretty much all of my beefs about inept older drivers. It proves what I have always said - when they are silly and try to succeed it works but when they aim to fail it doesn't. And props to those old dears who seemed really game for a laugh.

The RR film was classic May (James, you should have referenced Terminator not Robocop :p) and the SIARPC was one of the better ones. And the NEws made me chuckle. A solid 9.