[19x06] March 3rd, 2013 [Africa Special, Part 1]

[19x06] March 3rd, 2013 [Africa Special, Part 1]

• Total voters
Quite, it's top gear, home of the cheap laughs and esay giggles.

This episode was funny, and I gave it 8/10. It wasn't flawless and the main reason for that, is in 1 hour we had the pre-requisite story introduction and 2 look at my car sections which affected the flow. Knowing it was only an hour long meant I could never settle into a rhythm. Nothing wrong with the content.

Episode 2 if it lives upto this standard with be epic and will flow without the need to introduce. I'm looking forward to watching them back to back though.

Also...what was that that fell on Jeremy's car from the tree? Just a random branch?
It could have been a branch broken by an animal hiding in the trees close by to them, hence an urgency to move away from that particular spot quickly before any creature could attack cars or humans.

Anyway, I loved this first part and the second part looks to be just as good as well.

10. Easily going to be the best special of the lot.

F*** me, that's a very high 9 from me. The beginning was a bit slow, which dragged it down, but the rest of it was classic Top Gear road trip.

Gorgeous scenery, brilliant cinematography (apart from the animals :lol: ), a "twist" I hadn't seen coming (shifting the source east into Tanzania), and only one bit that felt overly scripted (I realise there were more, but they felt natural).

The Subaru took one hell of a beating, and I'm surprised it did so well. I doubt it helped with the twisting and turning, that Hammond's gift was secured on top of the car.

Five bucks says that BBC America will change the "Africa" song to something generic. :-(

And ruin it.

That was great. 9/10

And I am surprised they mentioned my country not in regards to the bad roads or poverty :p

Solid TG!

I traveled the very same roads (some of them) last summer, going by bus from Rwanda, via Uganda (it really is the country of speed humps) and Kenya to Tanzania. This episode I felt in my heart..

Epic road trip so far. What were Jeremy and James making fun of Hammond for half way through about seeing animals after they'd already gone by? Was that some show that Richard did?

Epic road trip so far. What were Jeremy and James making fun of Hammond for half way through about seeing animals after they'd already gone by? Was that some show that Richard did?

I think it was his "Planet Earth Live" show he did last year.

The only animals they 'saw' were a couple of Buffalo......in the dark. :p:lol:

9/10 from me because it had a slow start and still showed trace amounts of scripting and of course making obvious mistakes for comedic reasons (surprise, highway cruisers get stuck in the mud), but when it was on it was simply Top Gear at its best.

It was good, but not nearly as good as most of you are voting. :p

It was funny and the cinematography was great, but I found it kinda boring.

8/10. Here's hoping Pt. 2 will improve on it. :D

Can someone explain the part where Jeremy talked about Richard spotting animals and then Richard got incredibly pissed?

Okay, I've skipped past everyone's posts and need to ask a question.
My torrent finished downloading so should I watch part 1 now and wait for part 2 next week or wait to next week and watch them back to back?

An 8 which is actually high but only because it picked up near the end. I feel this trip could have been done in one episode or at most an extended episode of say 70-80 minutes. Not a full 2 hours. The first 30-40 minutes were quite boring.

Next weeks looks to be much better and the meat of this trip.