[19x10] July 15th, 2011

[19x10] July 15th, 2011

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I start to dislike VBH more and more, same for Tiff really. Potato is fine still. More Jonny please (and bring back Tom).

Last edited:
The test was alright. The rest of the episode was boring.

If you want to do a 10th anniversary show, just do a 10th anniversary show and don't bother with new material. Just a couple of observations:

1) The hosts of Fifth Gear have always been the hosts of Fifth Gear. There is no such person as Tom Ford. It has always been Tiff, Vicki, and Jason, with the Spaz coming in later. Apparently the executive producer of the show is nicknamed "Big Brother".

2) Was the length of time given to the Barrowman part of the retrospective a wee bit conditional on the fact that Torchwood came back this week (in the UK, last week in the US)? Nice way to whore to the Barrowfans, folks.

They get track cars and then they do a drift test? Really?

The thing that bothers me most about the drift tests is that they always say it's a handling test. In this one, they said it's to see which handles best on the limit. Now, I'm no expert, but I don't think drifting is the limit. It's way past the limit. To the point where you are almost completely out of control, but not quite, you can still save it. It has nothing at all to do with handling. If it did, than that would imply that the new Chevrolet Camaro is a better handling car than the Lotus Exige, since the Camaro could drift better. It's stupid and makes me lose respect for the show. Fifth Gear is suppose to be more consumer oriented than TopGear, and yet we get this nonsense.

Hasn't the new series gone out on Discovery on Sky ? I thought I'd seen this week's episode already ? Looks like it might be the last one in the current series too.

I actually like the current cast. Though I do miss Tom. He was always funny.

This 10th Anniversary episode was a joke though. Just like others had said. They should have just called it "Highlights of the Current Cast", which would have been fine.

Oh well, FG has always been a good time killer until then new TG comes out. ;)