[1x05] March, 22nd 2009

[1x05] March, 22nd 2009

• Total voters
Didn't want to clutter the opening post, so here I am - answering my own question :lol:

It was a bit of a mixed bag this time. When I realized at the start that they were going to host that show without Fomenko, my first reaction was a facepalm. But over the course of the show they made a pretty solid job of it - I liked how Oscar took the p*ss out of Fomenko :D

The taxist thing was good - nothing spectacular, but a nice idea to do some car reviewing with the passengers. I couldn't believe that blond bimbo in Fomenkos car. That chick was the best reason to become gay - she talked faster than an AK-47

The GAZ-killing. Just great - I can't believe how they went to town with that flame thrower :eek: One or two other harsh tests and they could have even eclipsed the Hilux segment. They ended it a bit too early, but in their favour - in contrast to the original, they really tormented that thing, while some of the Hilux tests were rather girlish in comparison.

The SIARPC was so-so. Seen worse one though.

Overall they really start to get the hang of it and TGR by now is a good cure for my TG withdrawal symptoms. I rated this episode lower than 1x3 and 1x4, because, doing the show without one of the presenters is a bad move, no matter how good you're covering it up.

Last edited:
Waiting patiently for the english subtitles, and a big THANK YOU to those that are doing them, and have done them in the past.

I think it'll take quite a while this time - it may be for me not being a native russian speaker, but I had a bit of trouble following it. Well, honestly, I always had trouble understanding the Moscovites, they speak so damn quickly :cry: No problems in Omsk, where I was regularily, but whenever I had to fly with a stop at Domodedovo, I was lost - couldn't keep up with their speed of speaking. :lol:

I liked the Ferrari review, less acting and more real Fomenko...I'm on the SIARPC so I'll add on to this later.

EDIT: Nothing special, but the episode did seem a bit better than usual.

Last edited:
that was actually quite a good one

especially the taxi part

7 out of 10

Agreed, I need to find 1x04 somewhere

01x04 is very difficult to find, as all online streams are broken. They all stop 8 seconds into the intro. After a long search I found an AVI version that I painfully tediously downloaded from rapidshare. I'll upload that to an FTP server and give the URL here :mrgreen:

I finished watching the episode and gave it a seven. Mikhail did a decent impersonation of Nikolai. I think TGR is growing on me because it more faithfully apes TGUK then TGA did in Series One.

It was also nice to see a SIARPC who looked like they actually wanted to be there. ;)

Last edited:
I watched the first 5 minutes, but gave up beacuse I didn't know where it was going...

It's fairly faithful in shooting and editing style though, which is interesting!

I was really confused watching this ep. And disappointed. What's the point reviewing the 7 years old Ferrari as the main segment of the show? Taxi segment - dull advertisement for normal cars. Gaz segment - dull, sad copy of the Hilux, X-type - dull disadvertisement for the nearly discontinued car... It seems to me, they shot the show some 5 years ago and just forgot to air it.

The only reason I watched it was that I learn Russian and it's good to hear the language...

I'm starting to like the three, but just as a threesome. Individually they're a bit flamboyant and exaggarating (see Oscar's Jag review). I kind of liked the Ferrari review but really thought why they were driving a car out of production. The Taxi Challenge was quite interesting and reminiscent of the Minicab challenge/Road Test Russian Roulette from TGUK. *slaps head* God damnit, we need to stop comparing it to TGUK. Yes, they are copying a majority of the challenges (like the GAZ and by the way, I can't believe it's still working!), but this is nowhere in their league even if we compared it to earlier series. I skipped SIARPCs as usual.

6/10

I kind of liked the Ferrari review but really thought why they were driving a car out of production.

What's the point reviewing the 7 years old Ferrari as the main segment of the show?

here is the point:
lemans-2005-24h-eg-1102.jpg

lemans-2005-24h-eg-1103.jpg

2005 24 Hours of Le Mans #61 Cirtek Motorsport Ferrari 550 Maranello: Nikolaj Fomenko, Alexei Vasiliev, Christophe Bouchut

I was sure he would review it

here is the point:
lemans-2005-24h-eg-1102.jpg

lemans-2005-24h-eg-1103.jpg

I was sure he would review it

Well now I understand it. Not appreciate it, but understand it. By the way I'm not convinced, that a show starting to gain its popularity should by such overwhelmed with product placement... You have to gain the credit and then recommend thinks...