2,240 police, 460 patrol cars, copter mobilized for car chase in Osaka

20 over the limit in NYC is 6 points on your license. So that's plenty quick to lose your license. I'm talking about normal daily occurencies there are plenty of cars doing 100 + (me being one of them). Last I drove the Thruway I was the fastest car on there at 80mph for a pretty big stretch of road (200miles or so) before I saw another car going about the same speed and a couple doing 90. If I'm going around 70-80 and you are stationary I'm going MUCH faster than you and you need huge acceleration.

From what I know the ones in use by NYC police are the TT HEMI's.

You ever seen one accelerate from a stand still? I was on the road once when I saw a Crown Vic interceptor take off from a standstill. His 0-60 was about 3 seconds, the reason I know that is because I was going 60 when I was about where his trunk was and he was IN FRONT of me by the time I was where his nose would have been.

Yes an interceptor doesn't have to have a 200+ top end but they have to accelerate VERY quickly to catch up to speeding cars BEFORE they have a chance to cause issues/disappear.

You know nothing, stop taking the drugs.

You ever seen one accelerate from a stand still? I was on the road once when I saw a Crown Vic interceptor take off from a standstill. His 0-60 was about 3 seconds

Well, fuck buying a hypercar...I'm buying a Crown Vic!

:|

You know nothing, stop taking the drugs.

You are welcome to prove me wrong with facts that contradict my statement. You are NOT welcome to be a dick about it.

The information I got was from a trusted source, however this thread prompted me to do some research and I have been unable to find any proof of a turbo Charger (no pun intended) I was able to find proof that the interceptors CAN be a HEMI. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/05/dodge_police_car.html
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/american-cars/13416-2006-dodge-charger-police-interceptor.html
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0704_police_car_comparison/overview.html
They don't accelerate that fast, but cop cars do put power to the ground quite effectively.

It was definetly faster than a normal Crown Vic, and also faster than most cars I have seen on the road, also surprisingly no wheel spin at all.

Last edited:
But yes, we are a lot less pussy footed about getting in a chase than say like the UK cops.

Eh, at the risk of kicking off that debate, I think American cops, and Americans, tend to have a cowboy attitude to chases. Yeehaw, we is gunna git em an git oan the tv, don't fuck with us or yur goin daawwwnnn.
Whereas here I think the police take a more practical approach.

Eh, at the risk of kicking off that debate, I think American cops, and Americans, tend to have a cowboy attitude to chases. Yeehaw, we is gunna git em an git oan the tv, don't fuck with us or yur goin daawwwnnn.
Whereas here I think the police take a more practical approach.

Depends on where your at most places will let them go when they can confirm who the driver is. Although if its a violent criminal they will take you down, downtown and you don't want to be around when what goes down comes around.

(by the way thats a Daria reference)

Last edited:
You are welcome to prove me wrong with facts that contradict my statement. You are NOT welcome to be a dick about it.

The information I got was from a trusted source, however this thread prompted me to do some research and I have been unable to find any proof of a turbo Charger (no pun intended) I was able to find proof that the interceptors CAN be a HEMI.

It was definetly faster than a normal Crown Vic, and also faster than most cars I have seen on the road, also surprisingly no wheel spin at all.

Noone said they can't be hemis...they have the 5.7s in my city. Most of the chargers here are the 5.7s.

Are you serious that a tuned Crown Vic is faster than a stock Vic? Are are you actually serious about this. That is blasphemy because that fact is completely impossible.

Are you serious that a tuned Crown Vic is faster than a stock Vic? Are are you actually serious about this. That is blasphemy because that fact is completely impossible.
If you have paid any attention mini-van boy, you would have seen that my claim is that it was not only faster than a normal CV, which is obvious, but that it was faster than just about any car I have had the chance to see so far. I also have hard time believing that it's a 240HP V8 as stated in the specs for police interceptors, as it's acceleration was faster than cars with 300+ HP. This is just from observation, I have no real figures available.

The 2004?2006 Police Interceptor are rated for 250 hp (186 kW) because of the addition of a new air intake system. This includes a new airbox that resembles the Mercury Marauder airbox (raised airbox lid, deeper bottom) with an integrated 80 mm (3.1 in) mass air flow (MAF) sensor that is part of the airbox lid. This allows for much more precise flow calibration and reduces the chances of air leakage. P71 zip tube (the flexible rubber hose between the throttle body and MAF outlet) is also used to reduce NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) as well as transfer air from the airbox to the throttle body with minimal flow resistance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Crown_Victoria_Police_Interceptor

as it says in that article, there is barely any difference between the road going Crown Vic and the Interceptor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Crown_Victoria_Police_Interceptor

as it says in that article, there is barely any difference between the road going Crown Vic and the Interceptor.
I was simply stating my observation. I have no idea if NYPD custom tunes their interceptors beyond what the factory does or if I just never seen powerful cars go full throttle. One thing I did forget to mention is that it was an unmarked CV rather than the normal one. Though I suppose at most all that would do would be shave some weight off of it.

The information I got was from a trusted source, however this thread prompted me to do some research and I have been unable to find any proof of a turbo Charger (no pun intended) I was able to find proof that the interceptors CAN be a HEMI. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/05/dodge_police_car.html
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/american-cars/13416-2006-dodge-charger-police-interceptor.html
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0704_police_car_comparison/overview.html

Well, thanks for reading my post a page ago. You really think police municipalities are willing to spend so much time, energy, and money into installing unnecessary twin turbos in their cop cars instead of using tactics and finesse in catching criminals? They're cops, not The Fast and The Furious rejects. The radio (the Motorola, something you barely grasped) will always work better than outright speed. Go watch an episode of "World's Wildest Police Videos", for starters.

And when was the last time you saw a stock Crown Vic driven in anger? Policemen have better training than the average greybeard retiree, they're used to their cruisers and must know how to drive them properly to respond in the quickest amount of time possible, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that they look like they're accelerating "0-60 in 3 seconds". Christ, that's faster than every Lamborghini ever made! Why aren't we seeing more cop cars at exotic car meets?! :lmao:

I was simply stating my observation. I have no idea if NYPD custom tunes their interceptors beyond what the factory does or if I just never seen powerful cars go full throttle. One thing I did forget to mention is that it was an unmarked CV rather than the normal one. Though I suppose at most all that would do would be shave some weight off of it.

There's the real reason.

Well, thanks for reading my post a page ago. You really think police municipalities are willing to spend so much time, energy, and money into installing unnecessary twin turbos in their cop cars instead of using tactics and finesse in catching criminals? They're cops, not The Fast and The Furious rejects. The radio (the Motorola, something you barely grasped) will always work better than outright speed. Go watch an episode of "World's Wildest Police Videos", for starters.

And when was the last time you saw a stock Crown Vic driven in anger? Policemen have better training than the average greybeard retiree, they're used to their cruisers and must know how to drive them properly to respond in the quickest amount of time possible, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that they look like they're accelerating "0-60 in 3 seconds". Christ, that's faster than every Lamborghini ever made! Why aren't we seeing more cop cars at exotic car meets?! :lmao:

Heh, actually alot of teens drive CV's here it seems, same goes for the Caprice Classic (also once a cop car) I think it might be because they are pretty big so you can fit friends into it and they are fairly cheap to get. Considering how much money NYPD has it wouldn't surprise me that they would spend money on heavy tuning for the interceptors. Not saying they are but I wouldn't be surprised if they would, money management is not really part of their skill.

As far as training goes, they have BARELY higher skill than most people on the road. I've seen their driving up close and it is hardly anything special. And the Wildest Police Videos show them as worse drivers than my mother (she's really slow).