$2 million for a....

These joke bids are getting alittle out of hand, $9,000,000?

These joke bids are getting alittle out of hand, $9,000,000?

Seems that all the bids are to drive up the price.

Now its just under 10 million.

It's $9.9million now........I would rather spend that money on a Beverly Hills mansion, than on a car.

$2 million for a....Fucking dodge?

Fixed.

Regardless of how many of these bids are fake/joke/scams, these rich fuckers getting into this hobby are getting on my nerves. There is NO EXCUSE for a fucking dodge to be worth more than $10k. NONE, Nada, Zilch.**

*I'm just pissed because I'll never get to own the Mopar's I'd love to own... and I don't like CPD.
** See my post further down the thread, it's a real car. This one is exempt from my judgment.

Last edited:
But it says that only approved bidders can bid on this. What exactly is the approval process?

Just don?t feed the troll.

You are the troll my friend but I thought we were over this? Don't just give up when things get a little tough.;)

Z0MG BIDDING ENDS IN 11 MINUTES! IT'S
B00005OCEX.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

*I'm just pissed because I'll never get to own the Mopar's I'd love to own... and I don't like CPD.
Because these rich old fat cats trying to relive thier childhood have jacked the price of almost anything cool straight through the roof, right? I feel your pain <_< . I would love nothing more than to own a nice mildly modded example of a late '60s Charger, Chevelle etc etc, but the amount of money I have would only net me a rusted out project car. Thus I am relegated to the redneck IROC Camaros and the like.

A little more on topic, why in the hell would anyone ever pay that much for a car in the first place? Much less one that although fast and gorgeous, is almost 40 years old and probably had the hell driven out of it for the show?

I can see why this car is actually worth the money. It is an ACTUAL car from the show, and those are extremely rare only 4 are known to exist still and the other 3 are thrashed, it's been fully autographed, oh and it's being sold by and from John Schneider's (Bo Duke's) Personal collection.

This isn't some resto-mod rip-off. It was never restored, though it was modified with a 511 CI motor and a few other bits. Did you read the auction (I only just did)?

I'm actually wondering why he is selling it. I've read about the car in several magazines and it seemed like he loved it.

He's selling it to finance a movie.

I'm not Takumi said:
resto-mods
And I still think you've got your terminology wrong. Personal opinion puts TV car replicas as well...replica's.

Last edited:
I can see why this car is actually worth the money. It is an ACTUAL car from the show, and those are extremely rare only 4 are known to exist still and the other 3 are thrashed, it's been fully autographed, oh and it's being sold by and from John Schneider's (Bo Duke's) Personal collection.

1. The Charger appeared in a TV Movie, not the actual TV Series. Big difference. Schneider said he built it 10 years ago for his new movie that he funded. EVEN BIGGER DIFFERENCE!!

2. Aside from the TV Movie, is(was) owned by someone from the TV series, is painted up like the original car, and has the autographs from the cast, the connections to the Dukes of Hazard end there.

3. It's still a fucking resto-mod. Oh wait, resto-mod replica. Does that soothe you?

Oh, the bidder was a guy that owns some knife website.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/04/dukes-of-hazard-car-sells-for-almost-10-million/

Last edited:
1. The Charger appeared in a TV Movie, not the actual TV Series. Big difference. Schneider said he built it 10 years ago for his new movie that he funded. EVEN BIGGER DIFFERENCE!!

2. Aside from the TV Movie, is(was) owned by someone from the TV series, is painted up like the original car, and has the autographs from the cast, the connections to the Dukes of Hazard end there.

If the "TV-Movie" was a continuation on the TV-series, and was on TV, it's still part of the series.

It's still got History to it. Even if it was modified for another movie. Would you hate on the 55 from two-lane-blacktop because it was later changed for American Graffiti? (bad example I know).

jetsetter said:
What is wrong with resto-mods?

He is mistaking a mildly tweaked mustang or camaro thats been otherwise restored with these heavily modified cars that replicate movie cars. Or the ones like them that usually have all the stupid shit thats on "Elenor" with massive (diameter) wheels, dropped suspension, and expensive, overkill brakes, and retarded body mods.

Last edited:
Ha Ha. It's a sequel to one of his other movies.

I feel as though I'm learning to damn much about this show, the car, and people from it. I HATE Dukes of Hazard.