200 MPH SRT-4, 12 Second Dodge Ram, Rear Engine 1929 Willys... All mine!

Wow, the proof pics were enough but you went the extra mile, welcome to the forums, punch and cookies in the off-topic section.

Given your location and cars I'll hazard a guess that you work in the oil/gas industry and have put your money into cars and not up your nose like so many others. I could be wrong, but nice vehicles and that Willys should be quite a sight when complete.

The FGR GTP is in the neighborhood of 275hp and 300+tq and no complaints of torque steer.

But your car was hardly stock, and it was an auto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the torque converter helps dial down some of the torque steer.

The major modifications to the neon are below, obviously there is alot more than this though.

DCR 2.6L Stroker Engine (has crank straps, upgraded crank, pistons, etc....)
CT43-6767 Comp Turbo
Straight cut gearset with longer 5th gear, billet input shaft
ACT Twin disc clutch
10 point chromoly roll cage
Complete suspension changeouts (coilovers, spindles, hubs, etc....)
Chute
Underhood and in cabin fire suppression
Fuel Cell/battery/water injection in trunk
Full standalone EMS

Currently apart again since last fall and upgrading to a air-water intercooler, upgrading fuel system to a bigger pump and line, turbo is getting rebuilt, and opening up the transmission again to try and fix some grinding issue

The plan for the car is to go to the Bonneville salt flats next fall to try and take my class record of 224MPH away from the guys at Racedeck racing. I am in the midst of renovations in my house and having another kid in the next few months so I have almost no time to work on it.

A few pictures the last fall of it all apart....
CopyofIMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

Welcome :D, Awesome set of cars . id love to see the ram with that much put in it instead :p , but they are all quite unique . very nice .

Given your location and cars I'll hazard a guess that you work in the oil/gas industry and have put your money into cars and not up your nose like so many others. I could be wrong, but nice vehicles and that Willys should be quite a sight when complete.

I work in construction and design and supervise lifting really heavy structures and pressure vessels. Things up to 500 tons, and 120' long and 25' wide. The first picture is lifting a 224,000lb 100' long piece of a stack up ontop of the existing 200' piece. The second is lifting a "small" 180,000 lb vessel but we set it 248' away.
IMG_1325.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

Bought 2 new Liebherr LR-1600 cranes this last year and got to assemble them.
43May20005.jpg

Here is my ugly mug in a manbasket about 400' in the air at one of the sites.
DSC02300.jpg

But your car was hardly stock, and it was an auto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the torque converter helps dial down some of the torque steer.

Yeah, but stock is made 240hp/280tq, and I'm not totally sure about in the W body, but in the G-Body like my PAU they used equal length halfshafts to help control the torque steer.

Dang. If we call you Mopar Man from here on out, it's not cuz you're a troll, but simply because you like Mopars. And that you're a man. ;)

Welcome! :cheers:

The Europeans are gonna love this guy, I can tell :p

Welcome to the boards.

Last edited:
I like other brands too. Here is a 1959 corvette I bought a few years ago, realized how expensive it would be to finish the way I wanted it, then sold it.

vette1.jpg

800 HP In a front wheel drive car

Sold a Corvette because it was too expensive to build, spent $80k on a Neon

You sir, have blown my mind. Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

I'd like a Solar Yellow SRT4, always liked them... And the mk1 Neon.

I like the SRT-4 too, almost bought one. But I don't like it quite as much as the OP :p

I'll always have respect for the Neon. They dominated autocross with the ACR version. I saw a fantastic driver (won nationals, real name Mark Daddio), absolutely clean up our local group in another bid for nationals. He drove the ACR specifically to get it reclassed by showing how much it wiped the floor with the other cars. He also drove the car like there was no tomorrow, the rear end just sliding around uselessly. It was fantastic to watch.

Last edited:
800 HP In a front wheel drive car

Sold a Corvette because it was too expensive to build, spent $80k on a Neon

You sir, have blown my mind. Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

Spent 80k on a neon when I was young and single. I got married, had a kid, then sold the Vette. Have to grow up sometime I guess. 800 FWHP is like a 18" penis, it sound like fun, but in the end it is almost useless.

The truck is in storage for the winter, but here is a few pictures of it with the other cars at my house?
[metric shitton of pics]

I think that'll do :yes:

800 FWHP is like a 18" penis, it sound like fun, but in the end it is almost useless.

Haha, this had me in stitches.

I used my roommate's stock SRT-4 for a few weeks, and I thought THAT was torquesteery.