200 MPH SRT-4, 12 Second Dodge Ram, Rear Engine 1929 Willys... All mine!

kberjian

Car(s)
1955 Buick, 1929 Willys, 2004 SRT-4
The neon:

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4. 80,000$ in modifications = 800+ WHP and 200+mph. Dependable enough to drive from Alberta Canada, to Memphis Tennessee
DSC02751.jpg

CarSetupAug22.jpg

The truck:

2005 Dodge Ram Commemorative Edition #11 of 200. Runs 12's on street tires, then hauls 1500lbs of lumber home the next day.

DSC03033s.jpg

IMG00290.jpg

My favourite:

1929 Willys Whippet Coupe turned roadster. Custom frame, 2.4L Turbo mounted in the trunk. Mid engine+ RWD + 1600lbs= Fun

38499_10150224012395696_729565695_13679513_128564_n.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

All done myself.
Picture084.jpg

Per the stickied thread at the top of this forum section, all threads need valid proof pictures to stop posers from claiming cars that aren't theirs. Please post some or we'll be forced to lock the thread. ;)

Why in the world would anyone put that much power in a Neon? :blink: At least I hope it's been converted to RWD otherwise I don't see how it can drive straight.

Nice truck -- I've always had a soft spot for anything Viper powered. :)

Why in the world would anyone put that much power in a Neon? :blink: At least I hope it's been converted to RWD otherwise I don't see how it can drive straight.

It won't be too bad in a straight line since it has a Quaife, but I would hate to think how it handles around corners.

A few questions though - is this actually the original srt-4 engine and are you using the stock bottom end? How the hell did you manage to spend $80,000 on modifications? With 800 FWD HP, how often do your CV joints snap :p ?

It won't be too bad in a straight line since it has a Quaife, but I would hate to think how it handles around corners.

A few questions though - is this actually the original srt-4 engine and are you using the stock bottom end? How the hell did you manage to spend $80,000 on modifications? With 800 FWD HP, how often do your CV joints snap :p ?

Stock bottom end with 800whp ?

When you're building a car with 800whp, it's not going to be difficult to spend that sort of money on it. (In Australia anyway)

$20,000 to build a bulletproof drivetrain.
$40,000 to build a 800whp engine isn't out of the question.
$20,000 to "finish" the car off. Eg Roll cage, seats and harnesses, suspension, brakes, wheels, tyres.

Not to mention the cost of braking parts. It all adds up.

Last edited:

I'd rather have equal length half shafts than a Quaife. Problem is designing things properly in a FWD car is deemed too expensive by Ford, Toyota, Volvo, et cetera.

Last edited:
Per the stickied thread at the top of this forum section, all threads need valid proof pictures to stop posers from claiming cars that aren't theirs. Please post some or we'll be forced to lock the thread. ;)

I thought SRT-4 were AWD?

I'd rather have equal length half shafts than a Quaife. Problem is designing things properly in a FWD car is deemed too expensive by Ford, Toyota, Volvo, et cetera.

That too.

But honestly, if you stick to under 200hp it really doesn't matter. Once you cross that border you start to feel the steering wheel struggle.

That too.

But honestly, if you stick to under 200hp it really doesn't matter. Once you cross that border you start to feel the steering wheel struggle.

800px-66Toronado.jpg

Big block V8, almost no torque steer. That's in '66.

I thought SRT-4 were AWD?

Nope, the Neon was FWD only.

That too.

The FGR GTP is in the neighborhood of 275hp and 300+tq and no complaints of torque steer.

800px-66Toronado.jpg

Big block V8, almost no torque steer. That's in '66.

Don't forget the chain drive delivering all that power to the wheels.

I would add a request for proof of performance claims.

Also a psych report to get an idea of why anyone would spend that much money making a Neon go fast. Or on a Neon, period for that matter.

As requested pictures of proof of ownership. Taken this morning with my cell phone camera, not the best quality. Neon is in the garage with the thick layer of dust on it as I am finishing my basement and it is covered in sawdust. Willys is in the driveway with the car cover on it for the winter to make room for my wifes car in the garage.
IMG-20120105-00026.jpg

IMG-20120105-00031.jpg

IMG-20120105-00032.jpg

Cochrane-20120105-00036.jpg

Cochrane-20120105-00034.jpg

That is me there, as well on the neons.org website and a few others. The proof pictures have been posted but since I am less than 5 posts, they are under moderation....

Posts are approved, welcome to the forums, although the proof pics are not exactly according to the requirements and we're still missing the RAM.

To everyone here calling him a troll, let's try and give new people on the forums the benefit of the doubt please, thank you.

Posts are approved, welcome to the forums, although the proof pics are not exactly according to the requirements and we're still missing the RAM.

To everyone here calling him a troll, let's try and give new people on the forums the benefit of the doubt please, thank you.

The truck is in storage for the winter, but here is a few pictures of it with the other cars at my house?
whippet2.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

38694_10150224014990696_729565695_13679642_4227327_n.jpg

Bringing the Whippet to my house with it?
KEKMHotrod011.jpg

KEKMHotrod012-1.jpg

And me standing with it driving home after I bought it?

DSC02960.jpg

And i found the importation paperwork?

File0003.jpg

Last edited: