Ownership Verified: 2000 2,7 Boxster

You speak the truth

Yeah, that was rude. But my intention was just to ask, I don't know the prices in Norway.

I hope you can repair it cheaper.

I haven't seen any M Roadsters for sale. I know the new prices were a lot higher than the 2.7 Box.

I hope you're making a scene at the dealership that sold you this car. They should've informed you of this and are partly responsible for taking care of it.

I hope you're making a scene at the dealership that sold you this car. They should've informed you of this and are partly responsible for taking care of it.

I get the impression it was from a private seller.

So my mechanic found metal particles in the oilfilter during an oilchange yesterday........ can anyone loan me like $4000?

http://img30.imageshack.**/img30/1113/ynta.jpg

I was sad to wave farewell to my Box last week.. hapilly I will be picking it up again this thursday with a nice IMS upgrade :D

Nice!

Reactions: haz
Nice car, a shame that the engine decided to get unhealthy. I hope it will give you many awesome km's after the repair.

Reactions: haz
Thank you, I hope so too :)

Looking forward to seeing documentation from the job. Especially looking forward to seeing the state of the IMS bearing. I'm lucky the granade wasn't dropped, could have been alot(!) worse. This was, in the end, just a bump in my Porsche road :)

Just recieved an email reply from the previous owner, and he will cover 40% of the IMS replacement :) Man of the year !!

Unbelievable... You got really lucky (considering...). The seller must not be too poor guy :)

Thanks, much appreciated.

I will replace it. MOst likely next summer (don't need ac from sept-may)

SO, anyone know a great place online to buy these parts?

They quoted me $635 for one freakin' ac condenser at Porsche Center Oslo...

A quick look online shows ?52 for one condenser (looks legit?)
PORSCHE 911 / 996 / BOXSTER 986 AIR CON RADIATOR/CONDENSER NEW - 2 YEAR WARRANTY | eBay

Nice Boxster !

I regularly visit Tonsberg, a mate there needed a new Aircon pump for his Jag XJ6, was quoted something like 20000 NOK from the main dealer. I bought him a complete car, identical to his apart from right hand drive) and drove it from UK to Norway, even including fuel and ferries it was still cheaper to buy and deliver a complete car from the UK than to buy a spare part in Norway. He took the parts needed and scrapped the rest, he made a nice profit and I had a nice adventure, although using summer tyres on the E18 in January was ... fun. :D

thats fair...

From my perspective, yes. From his perspective, not necessarily.

Unbelievable... You got really lucky (considering...). The seller must not be too poor guy :)

He was well off. New built house, X5 as a second car and works in oil.. That aside, rich people don't like to waste money.

Nice Boxster !

I regularly visit Tonsberg, a mate there needed a new Aircon pump for his Jag XJ6, was quoted something like 20000 NOK from the main dealer. I bought him a complete car, identical to his apart from right hand drive) and drove it from UK to Norway, even including fuel and ferries it was still cheaper to buy and deliver a complete car from the UK than to buy a spare part in Norway. He took the parts needed and scrapped the rest, he made a nice profit and I had a nice adventure, although using summer tyres on the E18 in January was ... fun. :D

He he... yes, we get screwed on a regular basis. We make good money here so the fact that everything is more expensive her kind of adds up. We only have first world problems and we need to stop whining so much. Me included :)