2000 Mercury Cougar...

JScullin

Car(s)
'00 Mercury Cougar, '13 Ford Fusion 2.0l Ecoboost
Technically it's in storage since October. But yesterday was too nice so I went for a ride. Needs a wash & wax before it snows.

4064649761_3e1222c98c_o.jpg

4065842966_e7cff3bb33_o.jpg

4065041101_b7fb18a690_o.jpg

4065790976_29c323500b_o.jpg

Waxed pic from a different day:

3483106364_dbed5b9b5f_o.jpg

Minus the tinted tails and ridiculous hood you got yourself a nice car there. I like the stance it has going on, how much is it lowered and any vroom vroom mods?

The dual-exhaust looks great. I think I'd like other wheels better, and the hood is a little much for me, but all-in-all, looks good.

Have you looked for the "3rd eye" taillight cover?

Done a 2001-MY interior swap yet? ;-p

Minus the tinted tails and ridiculous hood you got yourself a nice car there. I like the stance it has going on, how much is it lowered and any vroom vroom mods?
Thanks. I like the meaner look the tail covers gave it. Plus I have a whole black & blue them going (minus the 3rd light still). Hood is love or hate, no hard feelings. Is it the paint or the hood in general out of curiosity?

Mods:
- KKM intake
- MSDS headers & y-pipe
- True Borla exhaust
- NPG rear 278mm disc kit
- R1 slotted & drilled rotors & Mintex A/F pads
- Koni's w/Ground Controls
- OMP fsb
- ST200 rear strut tower brace
- Roush rsb
- Visteon body kit (front lip not installed)
- Kaminari hood
- GTO taillight covers
- Cheap wheels & even cheaper tire package.

The dual-exhaust looks great. I think I'd like other wheels better, and the hood is a little much for me, but all-in-all, looks good.

Have you looked for the "3rd eye" taillight cover?

Done a 2001-MY interior swap yet? ;-p
I can't find a set of black wheels that I like (or can afford). So I get close. I keep meaning to hit a tint shop up for some scrap I can wrap it in. Maybe over the Winter.

I have some '01 interior pieces waiting to be installed when I get more together.

Can you swap a KLZE into those cars?

Was that the SVT Contour/Mondeo engine that was supposed to go in the never-actually-happened-but-still-shows-up-on-tirerack.com-anyways Cougar S?

It was essentially an SVT 2.5l. They never offered the 3.0 as an option and they really should have. Even dropping in a standard 3l gives the car more life from the torque alone. You can run the a/c and not feel it sap power from the motor like it does on the 2.5l.

Why they offered it up on Sables and Taurus's and not this is beyond me.

Why the hell did you go for that hood?

Seriously.

Is it legal to tint the 3rd brake light in MA? Because if it is, I think you should get it to match the other lights.

Other than that, great ride! I usually don't like the Cougar, but that body makes it look good.

Pssst. Post more pictures of the P71

I love the color of your car but I just don't like the design of the hood and the matte grey, I don't really like two tone though, but this is all personal preference so no big.

Nice mods too, dyno'd it by chance?

Is it legal to tint the 3rd brake light in MA? Because if it is, I think you should get it to match the other lights.

Other than that, great ride! I usually don't like the Cougar, but that body makes it look good.

Pssst. Post more pictures of the P71

The covers on there now are illegal. But I put in LED bulbs so it shines bright enough to pass and be easily visible at night/day. The 3rd I'll have to do the same for but plan to. Just never think of it.

I love the color of your car but I just don't like the design of the hood and the matte grey, I don't really like two tone though, but this is all personal preference so no big.

Nice mods too, dyno'd it by chance?

I'm going to repaint it anyway. First, it's a bitch to maintain because the guy didn't put a satin clear coat on it so I'm constantly polish & waxing it to keep it looking a satin black and not primer. Secondly, something/someone flung paint on the hood and it stained the black and I can't get it out.

Thanks for the compliments/input though. I love the color. It's pretty rare amongst these and it was only for the 2000 model year.

I haven't dyno'd it. I doubt it makes much more than 170-80whp at best. All the money is in the suspension as you can see. Which is what this car does best anyway.