2001.0 Replacement A4

Militant-Grunt

Car(s)
Audi S6 2.2T
Some new stuff. 11/08/2009. Painted all the wheels black, calipers lime green, and just gave the car lime accent through out the car. Also originally the car had a Garrett 3076, but because of a filter mishap I had to upgrade the compressor, so I went HTA.(billet compressor wheel, larger comp housing, quicker spool, more boost more powa) :mrgreen:

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

Best of all, this is how 417AWHP pulls

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbURbt8t5gE[/YOUTUBE]
- - - - - - -
If some of you guys remember this thread back from May..

http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/rip-a4-27736/

My A4 was totaled by a Vette. Well in September I picked up yet another A4, and after some work, I deem that the car is somewhat worth showing =D.

The car has a salvage title, picked it up for cheap (3800bux), nothing was wrong with it, it was in a minor flood in long beach and the previous owner had the insurance company buy the car from him. It ended up in my friends hands, and when I lost my car I bought it from him. As of now the car has a few minor mods. S4 Bumper, ecodes, B5 S4 Wheels, B5 S4 front brakes, B7 S4 300mm rear brakes, Custom SSP tuning software, 3" turbo back with a mangaflow resonator + muffler, apr inlet pipe, cheap pep boys cone, 034 motorsports differential mount and tinted tail lights.

012.jpg

021.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

0023.jpg

0033.jpg

0053.jpg

In the next coming months the motor is going to be pulled, stroked to 2.0liters, and ill be running an HTA 3582 turbo, fully built head and bottom end. Basically 600awhp or bust.

I took the car to the track to fine tune SSP's aggressive software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4FGenrsjK4

14.9 @ 92mph, with a stock clutch. My old car managed 14.6 @ 90, had this car had a clutch that can hold 4500 clutch drops then the time would've been around 14.4, record for a k03 A4 is 14.29.

I'm still waiting on insurance cash from the old car, but soon enough I will start building her up. Though I still miss my old 98.5 though. Hope you guys like.

Last edited:
Looks cool, but would be even cooler with a new set of wheels.

didn't that happen a while back ? and still no money from the insurance, wtf ?

anyway great looking car, though the cylinders, cranck, transsmison, 4wd diffs can withstand 600awhp ?

Looks cool, but would be even cooler with a new set of wheels.

Strapped for cash I had to use Stock S4 wheels to clear the Brakes. Down the road I will either get OZ Black superturismo wheels ( http://www.ozracing.com/webimgoz6/2008/OZ_SUPERTURISMO BLACK/WEB_SUPERTURISMO-BLACK.eps.jpg ) or TSW TrackStar 5 wheels ( http://www.tsw.com/img/trackstar5lug_black_reg_pop_white.jpg ) all within time.

The motor build replaces the cast moving components with forged ones. There are a few 1.8ts in the 700awhp+ range.

For instance:

http://boostfactory.net/article.php?id=34

The drive train can handle it, I will be replacing all the engine mounts with 034 motorsport mounts to stiffen up the drive train, as for axles and differentials, they hold up for a good while. Its the transmissions that usually take a dump (though there are people who have over 200 launches on their stock transmissions and have no issues with that sort of power).

That looks nice, out of curiosity why not a B6?

Too big and too heavy. My car weighed in at 3232lbs without me in it at the track. I like the compactness of the car, like the styling a lot more than the B6 as well.

I think it could do with a nice clean! Those wheels are filthy! Good luck though, should be an awesome project.

Thread moved to the proper subforum..

a 1.8T can put out 700awhp? WTF? isn't that like 390 hp/litre, or about three times that of a Ferrari?

How can any daily driver survive that kind of abuse?

Too big and too heavy. My car weighed in at 3232lbs without me in it at the track. I like the compactness of the car, like the styling a lot more than the B6 as well.

Not that much of a difference in weight a bit less than 200lbs. Though I suppose every bit helps :)

I gotta ask where the hell did you get different colored fogs? I've been wanting to put blue fogs on mine (currently they are white) but can't find blue bulbs anywhere :(

a 1.8T can put out 700awhp? WTF? isn't that like 390 hp/litre, or about three times that of a Ferrari?

How can any daily driver survive that kind of abuse?

Its not that. He is goin to increase it to 2.0L and 600hp. thats 300hp/liter, which is a lot, but its possible. There are civics puttin out 500-700 hp from a 1.8

pretty stupid sounding, but what kind of mpg/km/l do you get when driving econmoically, i bet not good since i've heard that turbo engines need to be reved so that the turbo kicks in, so that it doesn't do something to it

pretty stupid sounding, but what kind of mpg/km/l do you get when driving econmoically, i bet not good since i've heard that turbo engines need to be reved so that the turbo kicks in, so that it doesn't do something to it
It's around 20mpg mixed cycle, his would be slightly better having less weight and a manual.

You don't really have to rev the engine you can easily stay out of boost range. You also don't really need to rev those all that high to get into boost, stock turbo hits peak boost at about 3-3,2K, so if you just wanna let it run from time to time to get it oiled up it won't be really affecting your economy.

It's around 20mpg mixed cycle, his would be slightly better having less weight and a manual.

You don't really have to rev the engine you can easily stay out of boost range. You also don't really need to rev those all that high to get into boost, stock turbo hits peak boost at about 3-3,2K, so if you just wanna let it run from time to time to get it oiled up it won't be really affecting your economy.

I average about 24mpg, with the GT3582 I plan to rev the motor out to around 8500-9k rpm. Lots of head work being done to make that possible. Currently on the stock k03s turbo I hit full boost at around 2700rpm.

I got yellow fogs because they're functional, yellow reflects really well when its wet.

Not that much of a difference in weight a bit less than 200lbs. Though I suppose every bit helps :)

I gotta ask where the hell did you get different colored fogs? I've been wanting to put blue fogs on mine (currently they are white) but can't find blue bulbs anywhere :(

Ebay. "Nokya" brand.

Believe me drive a B5 and then drive a B6, its a substantial difference.

Some new stuff. 11/08/2009. Painted all the wheels black, calipers lime green, and just gave the car lime accent through out the car. Also originally the car had a Garrett 3076, but because of a filter mishap I had to upgrade the compressor, so I went HTA.(billet compressor wheel, larger comp housing, quicker spool, more boost more powa) :mrgreen:

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

S4 Cluster, with reversed LED's to achieve RS4 cluster look. Also wrapped the interior trim in CF cloth and added some lime touches =).

Best of all, this is how 417AWHP pulls

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbURbt8t5gE[/YOUTUBE]