2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

You bought it? Awesome. :D

Now I'm totally inspired to buy some local crackpot Mondeo and turn it into a workable beater.

I hate you so much right now for living in a country were you can buy something THAT cool for pocketchange.........

AWESOME car, AWESOME plan for it.

I hate you so much right now for living in a country were you can buy something THAT cool for pocketchange.........

i drive the cheapest car available in this country. and for 100$$ I can't even get a new distributor for it. :p

get in line <_<

Must be an awesome feeling driving around in that :D

In regards to how you bought it. Didn't you say you put in a bid of $100? If it was a silent auction (wasn't it?) how were you able to raise your bid to ~$800?

Must be an awesome feeling driving around in that :D

In regards to how you bought it. Didn't you say you put in a bid of $100? If it was a silent auction (wasn't it?) how were you able to raise your bid to ~$800?

I will explain that when I get back from the junkyard today; it needs a new radiator fan.

Hey a calibrated speedo! Sweet!

It says that, but it was showing lower than the GPS verified one in my F150. So either both the GPS and my Truck are wrong, or a lifetime of driving over curbs has affected the calibration. :p

Well, the junkyard run didn't go off as expected, but there is one bright spot....

IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6803.JPG

Rear Lincoln Town Car 'Executive L' seats, $25.

Last edited:
You want me to clean that thing? I want to clean that thing. Let me clean that thing. Move out of the way and let me clean that thing. Clean. Clean, clean, clean. Nice and clean. With vacuuming and shampooing and airing out & drying and then more vacuuming and then deodorizing and then it's clean. Clean clean clean. Neat and clean and straight and tidy and clean. What's that gold bottle cap from? Some kind of decaffeinated cola? let me clean that up.

Hah...

It'll get cleaned and detailed soon enough. Now it's a work in progress - new carpet will be coming for it soon.

You wouldn't believe what I've found in the front of the car alone - so far I've discovered:

A handcuff key.
An Ace (tubular lock) key.
A .22LR round, unfired.
A .40 S&W round, battered, unfired.
A business card for a bounty hunter with a different phone number and name scrawled on the back.
Bunch of peppermint candies.
Bunch of paperwork.
A ticket pad.
Tons of pens, everywhere.
Handful of paperclips.

That's sounds like a lot of fun. All I ever find when I clean my car is a bunch of those clear plastic seals from fresh new packets of cigarettes and receipts from the McDonalds drive-through.

This thing is ludicrously funny to drive - and the looks people give you before they realize you're not a cop are priceless.

In any case, I discovered that the car does not in fact need a new radiator fan or AC service as of yet. The problem was apparently some botched wiring work that was performed when they removed the police electrics and the resulting blown fuse. Fan works normally now and the air conditioning is quite cold. :D

I am currently writing that guide on how to buy a cop car. :D

Uh, no?

Edit: I forgot to mention, on the way back from picking the car up, we stopped at a Walmart to get a new battery as the one in the car wouldn't hold a charge. Had a very odd encounter there, which I will ask CrazyJeeper to post up here because if I told the story nobody would ever believe it.

Last edited: