2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Silly furriners. They think EVERYONE uses the CHP, LAPD or NYPD paint scheme because it's all that's on TV.

It's especially funny since he's requesting that I invert the LAPD/CHP color scheme, not replicate it. This would just make it look like it was owned by some person too poor to repaint the junkyard door he hung on it after crashing his car. Not the smartest move in the world...

Edit: On top of which, black isn't real popular in Texas due to the sun and resultant heating. Even the black Texas DPS (state police) cars have white upper surfaces.

532_3259-vi.jpg

Not coincidentally, that color scheme is often surprisingly hard to spot, especially in dappled-shade areas, with the car hull-down in a bar ditch or off/on ramp.

These are what the local police department cars wear:
3126791004_97af03cdb6.jpg

And this is what the traffic enforcement cars look like down where the car is going:
3499843329_7e300a8993_b.jpg

Nope, that's not a photochop. They really did put the logo onto the side with similar-colored-but-much-more-reflective paint/decals. Here's what the Dodge Charger counterpart looks like.
3500660518_bb6b21310e_z.jpg

Last edited:
I know of one small town PD that actually did do a B+W scheme junkyard style (for their shift supervisors). They ordered one car in white and one in black, and swapped their doors across. And then they figured that wasn't ugly enough so a week later the trunk lids and hoods were swapped too. They're the two most attention-grabbing things on the road.

Love the car. I wish I could do the same, but cop cars round here are far less recognisable than the Crown Vic interceptor and the police round here I think scrap them when they are done with them. :rolleyes:

Uh, no?

Edit: I forgot to mention, on the way back from picking the car up, we stopped at a Walmart to get a new battery as the one in the car wouldn't hold a charge. Had a very odd encounter there, which I will ask CrazyJeeper to post up here because if I told the story nobody would ever believe it.

Yeah, the man who changed the battery in the vic at Walmart in Sulphur Springs Texas was a retired Lucas employee, and we are talking about the prince of darkness Lucas. Apparently he married a Texan woman and left England several decades ago. He retired from Lucas and got the job at Walmart just as something to do.

It seems that there is nothing Spectre can do to get away from Lucas :p

Lucas to Walmart. I can see the career progression there. :p

So does it have the cop motor? The 440 inch plant? How about cop tires? Suspension...shocks?

The PI used the same motor as the standard car. The only difference was the addition of a radiator for the transmission.

If I end up in Dallas (and after a few days there I'm actually thinking about it) or anywhere with long commutes, I might grab one of these just as a daily driver.

The PI used the same motor as the standard car. The only difference was the addition of a radiator for the transmission.

It took three pages for someone to do it then it goes over everybody's head. :p

In my defense it has been seventy million years since I saw that movie. :p

Hey, I got it, I just wasn't given time to post and comment on it!

Despite much (ahem) spirited and fast driving, the cop car turned in a very respectable 21.9mpg in mixed driving this tank.

Hm? No, the closest I got to a mall today was driving through a Walmart parking lot to throw some trash in their exterior trash barrel.

There are better places to dispose of human bodies.

Hey that is already full.

why cant people just do the old fashioned thing of putting some concrete by the feet and dropping it in the ocean?