2001 Ford Fiesta 1.8TDdi Ghia :-)

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
Here's my beloved Fiesta, I bought it a couple of years ago with my brother and were sharing it for our studies ( in the same town ).
Things have changed since a few months and we are now in separate town so he bought a new car and I kept this one.

It has a massive 1.8 turbo diesel engine which develop a simply mind-blowing 75bhp.
As it is the Ghia model, it's got the lot : powersteering, airbags, aircon, electric windows, anti-fog lights,...

With only 100000km on the clock, we can say that its life just began yesterday :-D

IMG_1896.JPG

The car is huge fun to drive and can reach speeds that the police don't like to see very much :-D

Sadly, I may need to change the car by the end of the year. I don't know what I will got next, Diesel or Petrol... it will depend on the need and the budget :-D

Last edited:

TopFifth

Can't believe nobody has replied to this!

I love that series of Fiesta, especially with the 1.8TDDI - can't beat the good old rumble of a Ford Diesel, especially the prior 1.8TD Endura.

Love the colour too.

Get a diesel next time too! - Just think of the economy!

killpanda

Can't believe nobody has replied to this!

I love that series of Fiesta, especially with the 1.8TDDI - can't beat the good old rumble of a Ford Diesel, especially the prior 1.8TD Endura.

Love the colour too.

Get a diesel next time too! - Just think of the economy!

Thank you for the reply :)

It must be said, as much as I like a good petrol engined sound, I quite like the sound a diesel make :-D

Finally I will not change it until a couple of years I think so plenty of time left to enjoy it :)
... And plenty of time to fix things too :-D Like the handbrake cable for instance, which has snapped the other day :cry:

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
Thank you for the reply :)

It must be said, as much as I like a good petrol engined sound, I quite like the sound a diesel make :-D

I cant say much about that car as they never sold any in America, but i can say that the line i quoted above made you sound American :lol:

I actually kind of agree (although i am American) 4cyl vs 4cyl Diesel almost always sounds better, with they exception of maybe Alfa Romeos twinspark engine, yummy!

killpanda

no j-turns for killpanda lol.

Nope, still can do that ;-)

To perform a J-Turn, a driver would need to execute the following steps:
Reverse at a speed of around 15 - 30mph (25 - 50km/h).
Steer hard to the right.
Stop accelerating and turn the wheel to the left simultaneously.
Before the car turns a full 180 degrees, change into first gear and accelerate hard.

killpanda

Yesterday, I left school early and the weather was quite good for once, so I thought "Why not take some pics" :)

P1030527.jpg

P1030528.jpg

P1030530.jpg

P1030533.jpg

I know it's not as awesome as a number of cars here, but I like it very much !

killpanda

I find that plastic wood imitation so ridiculous that I love it :-D

Nearly 105000 km on the clock and it passed its technical control without a fault last month :)

Last big trip in it was to the Alps with some friends for the new year and it was really nice and reasonably quick on the twisty mountain roads :)

unbreakable

Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic
oooh you gotta love the torque on those things!

...and you got ambipur car airfreshener!! WIN!!! :banana:

FDaihatsu

Car(s)
Polol 1.8GTI
That was my favourite Fiesta until a couple of days ago when the new Fiesta was announced :lol:
I like it's front end, it's a brilliant car!:p

killpanda

Compared to the 1.2 Fiat 500 (69hp) of a friend I drove last night and which got no torque at all, yep... torque is great :-D

And the Ambipur air freshener is why you shouldn't let your mom drive your car ("Oh, smells bad in here." => Ambipur) :-D

FDaihatsu

Car(s)
Polol 1.8GTI
^ Oh for gods sake stop speaking French, I seriously hate the damn language after being forced to learn it for three years, the alternative being Arabic. :?