2002 Holden Monaro CV8

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
We got it on friday. It's just clicked over 40,000kms.

Haven't had a chance to snap any shots yet, but i've got the shots from carsales anyway. These photos don't do justice. The paint is absolutely flawless and shines fantastically. It's got the ming paint and finish protection, plus the carpets and leather protection as well.

I love it. Who needs overhead cams? Pushrods for the win! My brother put his foot down when we went for a drive to pick up his girlfriend and it scared the shit outta him! :lol:

2171021.jpg

2171022.jpg

2171023.jpg

2171024.jpg

2171025.jpg

One question though, do the XX-000X numberplates cost more than the usual XXX-000 ones?

I have plates like that on my car. You have to make a one-off payment to buy them but that's all. There's no recurring cost.

and IIRC you can sell them with the car or take them off and retain ownership of them to put them on your new car. I don't think you can sell the plates on their own tho... but you wont be worried about that for a while.

BB is pretty cool. I used to have AA plates on my old SAAB 99 but I left them on there when I sold it! :censored: I could have transferred them onto my Benz instead of being stuck with these run of the mill CC plates. <_<

Nice car BTW.:thumbsup:

I have plates like that on my car. You have to make a one-off payment to buy them but that's all. There's no recurring cost.

and IIRC you can sell them with the car or take them off and retain ownership of them to put them on your new car. I don't think you can sell the plates on their own tho... but you wont be worried about that for a while.

BB is pretty cool. I used to have AA plates on my old SAAB 99 but I left them on there when I sold it! :censored: I could have transferred them onto my Benz instead of being stuck with these run of the mill CC plates. <_<

Ah, good. BB is pretty good, CC doesn't sound right though.. I wants to get the plates 'DEVIL' or 'YDEVIL' for it ;) Probably taken. Can't find that bloody custom plate checking site! :mad:

@Hidden_Hunter auto!

Thanks for all the kind words people, I want to sleep in it tonight! :mrgreen:

Photos in a couple of hours, hopefully.

Bah, yeah. I was on that.. It used to be a lot easier, you just put in the plate name and it told you if it was available or not. Now you have to put in all this client details stuff or something.. it's annoying. I'm impatient!

Hanyway, real pictures.

http://img501.imageshack.**/img501/6716/img4349sj7.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.**/img501/5692/img4351aq1.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.**/img501/1481/img4359ng7.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.**/img501/5861/img4361us5.jpg

Yellow painted engine cover! :D

http://img501.imageshack.**/img501/3204/img4364ae8.jpg

Now THAT is a cool engine cover! I also like the coloured dials but do the needles stand out enough in daylight? Such a lazy engine, 5500 redline for a 5.7 V8 :p

I'm guessing cruise control and stereo buttons on the steering wheel? In that 2nd last pic, above the wiper lever, are they the speed warning buttons? Just keep it set on 100mph and you'll be right :driving::coplight:

Now THAT is a cool engine cover! I also like the coloured dials but do the needles stand out enough in daylight? Such a lazy engine, 5500 redline for a 5.7 V8 :p

I'm guessing cruise control and stereo buttons on the steering wheel? In that 2nd last pic, above the wiper lever, are they the speed warning buttons? Just keep it set on 100mph and you'll be right :driving::coplight:

Yeah, during the day it's easy to read. Talk about a lazy engine... barely even turning over most of the time! :lol: Buttons on the wheels in the usual commodore fashion and the speed alarm/trip computer controls to the side. Haven't touched the speed alarm, nor do I ever plan to!

I'm going to set the speed alarm to 15 kmh for when the parents go to work tomorrow! ;)

I'm going to set the speed alarm to 15 kmh for when the parents go to work tomorrow! ;)

:lmao: I'd love to see their reactions when it starts beeping at them!

on the VY it comes up on the center LCD (under the speedo) and beeps like crazy

Great car! does it have an LSD? for good sideways fun

Yeah, standard.

@Hidden_Hunter yeah.. I probably shouldn't mess with it. I like it off :p

auto makes me cry though :(

My brother was looking at getting a manual one with the updated interior (and the 6L) I think holden may have a car on there hands that at least somewhat holds it value

Everyone's been saying that to me! :p

You talking about Monaros? Because the normal Monaro only ever came with the 5.7 LS1. GTO was the only monaro to have a 6.0L V8.

Monaros seems to be holding it's value better than Commodores. Holden killed the resale value of Commodores by releasing a new model/update every year! Ford did the right thing in some ways, but now they're stuck with basically the same model from 2002, just with some very minor cosmetic updates and a 6 speed auto!

Yea, nice car indeed. Congratz.
But I'm a lil bit confused.
The speedo goes to 220 km/h. This should drive a little bit faster that or not?
I mean my '89 Vauxhall Vectra has the same may speed on it...

just wondering :)

it's a standard commo speedo, they do go faster than that but there is no where to do it here legally

god that front end looks SOOOO much better than the GTO front end... i wonder how hard it would be to fit the AUS spec (a-spec?) body work on the front end of a US GTO. they are soooooo cheap here... i see 2004 models with 40k ish miles for 19-22 thousand all over on autotrader in 6spd even. bang for buck it's really really hard to beat. anyway your car is hot i love everything about other than lack of stick but thats personal preference

Last edited: